What do people do for a living then?

waddy

I help clients, who are individuals or businesses, avoid or resolve disputes. I'm a litigation solicitor. A lot of my work is career-related or shareholder/director type issues. I also do appeals against revocations/refusals etc for certificate holders, as a special interest area of work, and usually manage to negotiate something decent with the Police.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a non-destructive test inspector. I hide under a blanket looking at tools and watching out for cracks!!!!!!

Any jobs going for an inspector in your machine shop TLE???

Squint

come on over laddy ,it'l be the best move you ever made .

i can honestly tell you ,the trade related to non-destructive testing is endless here,

oilpatch and pipeline ,if your intereested PM me i'll giver you the SP .

seriously :rolleyes:

you could walk into a dozen jobs here to-morrow

Martin

at present I'm an unemployed, human cannonball, but I'm willing to travel and think that I'm of the right calibre to do the job if anyone is looking for such an employee! Seriously though, I used to work as a pest control officer for Brighton and Hove environmental services, but due to cut backs, last in, first out, you know the rest!

I'm now a bus driver in the City of Brighton and Hove, I still control pests, but bigger species, I.E. =drunks, students, moaning grannies, lost foreigners, screaming toddlers, and of course, not forgetting the ever popular school kid gangs! I guess I'm just a lucky guy having a job I love so much! I'm thinking of doing something less stressful, traffic warden perhaps?

longnetter. ;):rolleyes::):D:lol:

I sat in the petrol station on the road out of Brighton to the Norh having a sarnie one night quite late before heading for the M25 (oh joy !!!) and watched a whole load of rats scurrying all over the adjacent roundabout. Thought it was rabbits at first but there were literally dozens of rats all over the island.

Loads of rabbits (at that time) in the open parkland to the left just before that roundabout.

I'm a non-destructive test inspector.  I hide under a blanket looking at tools and watching out for cracks!!!!!!

Squint

hi squint,

I have done a bit of ndt inspection in my time I see you are in aberdeenshire are you working in the oil industy!

les.

I'm a non-destructive test inspector.  I hide under a blanket looking at tools and watching out for cracks!!!!!!

Squint

come on over laddy ,it'l be the best move you ever made .

i can honestly tell you ,the trade related to non-destructive testing is endless here,

oilpatch and pipeline ,if your intereested PM me i'll giver you the SP .

seriously :rolleyes:

you could walk into a dozen jobs here to-morrow

Martin

hi martin,

I spent 23yrs making parts for and inspecting aero engines any jobs for an early retired old codger lol.

les.

hi martin,

I spent 23yrs making parts for and inspecting aero engines any jobs for an early retired old codger lol.

les.

Hi les,

was in the same game at home worked for RR, BA .

you'd be suprised at the amount of brits that come here in an engineering background,all ages as well ,the province is abound with work in oilfield and all trades relating , if your looking for any info i can forward a couple of sites for you to look at ,i just wish i had come over ten years before ,i can PM sites if you wish .

Martin

I sat in the petrol station on the road out of Brighton to the Norh having a sarnie one night quite late before heading for the M25 (oh joy !!!) and watched a whole load of rats scurrying all over the adjacent roundabout. Thought it was rabbits at first but there were literally dozens of rats all over the island.

Loads of rabbits (at that time) in the open parkland to the left just before that roundabout.

I sat at that very island once a fortnight when i had my shop (my wholesaler was in brighton)

I saw black rabbits, Lots of the *******!

Maybee theres sommat in them sarnies!!!

LOL

WB

hi martin,

les.

Hi les,

was in the same game at home worked for RR, BA .

you'd be suprised at the amount of brits that come here in an engineering background,all ages as well ,the province is abound with work in oilfield and all trades relating , if your looking for any info i can forward a couple of sites for you to look at ,i just wish i had come over ten years before ,i can PM sites if you wish .

Martin

hi martin,

I also worked for RR a great firm to work for, but only joking about a job as I am happily retired and cannot find time to work due to my pigeon shooting.

thanks anyway.

cheers les.

ps,I like your motto.

I'm a chef that likes to try to cook things differently.

Pickled hare with scrambled eggs for breakfast mmmmmmmmm!

Just trying to make pigeon ice-cream taste nice and i'll be onto my first million

Keep your eye on the supermarket shelves folks! ;)

• 3 months later...

Wabbitbosher / Old rooster,

that island/roundabout is referred to as 'Rabbit Roundabout' on the Southern FM traffic reports and is about two miles from my home. I had a hell of a rat problem there when I was on the local council pest control team, under the island is a big water catchment tank and the ground around it is riddled with rabbit and rat diggings. Another overrun area is the famous Madiera Drive along the Brighton seafront, the rats own the funicular railway lines and night time on the lines is busier than Blackpool beach on bank holiday weekend!

longnetter. :) :thumbs: :):/ :( :):D B) :D

Edited by longnetter

Im retired.

as the man said I need all you fit young nerks to work like stink and maintain my pension values; so get off this forum and get weaving!

got to keep the pensioners happy, took early retirement at 55. 3years ago best thing i ever did.

Cheers

Mike

that island/roundabout is referred to as 'Rabbit Roundabout' on the Southern FM traffic

Are you refereing to the Q8 roundabout? I live just down the road from it and pass it everyday on the way to work and havent noticed any rabbits on it for some time now. Seems your pest control has worked!

As for the the thread topic, I am the Technical & IT Manager in my family business supplying EPoS solutions to the Retail and Hospitality industries.

Regards,

Axe.

Edited by Axe