what 4x4 would you use ?

ME

How rough does parking get in the shops? If it's a bit nasty, then get something that will really put the fear of god into the natives. One of those huge Nissan Patrols, or maybe a hilux with a flatbed and a .50 cal mount welded to the back. Make sure at least three panels are dented too.

I know they are a bit ***** for the essex crew but a pickup does make the best lamping vehicle. We have 2 seats on a pair of scaffold poles that you simply put in the pick up section and the lamper and shooter are well seated in comfort with the truck roof giving the perfect steady rest. None of this standing up out of sunroofs getting bashed about on bumps. So from that basis I'd say either a newer Navara Hilux or L200. My L200 drives far better than my old fourtrak, does 80mph or more when required and gives about 30mpg all I've changed is a set of knobblies and it's yet to be stopped even on pretty wet ground. The plus point is the missus doesn't mind driving it and actually prefers the greater visibility to her car

You see the off topic section can easily be used for 4x4 discussions :good:

4x4's driven by fat lazy people who can't park them is a particular favourite subject of mine.

There was an X5 with blacked out glass parked diagonally across 2 disabled spaces at B&Q on Saturday - classic

Sorry about that, but I don't like people parking too close in case they dent the side of the motor.

Edited by Flashman

Sorry about that, but I don't like people parking too close in case they dent the side of the motor.

Anyway, genuinely disabled people have wheelchairs, therefore the disabled bays should be at the far end of the car park because they don't have to walk, they simply coast on wheels into the store...

:good:

They have to anyway as the disabled spaces are full of X5's and the like diven by women in tracksuits and big hoop earings :good:

[this doesn't count as a 4x4 thread BTW]

A thread entitled "What 4x4 would you use?" doesn't count? Unless I missed the point and we're actually discussing Ulrika Johnson's multiple sprog/daddy ratio, it does seem quite appropriate.

To prove the point, I suggest a Landcruiser Amazon: easy to pack in city centre spaces.