Can I get them

ollie

As part of my course in Uni I have to manage an event. For the event we are having a gastronomic meal and one of the dishes is a pheasant dish. Can I get pheasant of a game dealer when it's out of season? I have never got game from a game dealer before so I am unsure.

I've got plenty of 'oven readies' in the freezer from this season - depends on how many you need and what you plan on doing with them I suppose.

I am sure a game dealer might have some frozen prepped ones ? Always worth asking the question though.

Edited by waddy

I'm not 100%, but don't we have some archaic law from pre-freezer times about not being able to sell game outwith it's season?

Piebob

That's what I wasn't sure about. Come on someone on here is bound to be able to tell me for sure.

Well for health & safety reasons the uni will only let us get them of a registered game dealer.

Health and Safety is a bl**dy joke, went for a meal t'other day and saw they had Paella on the menu, well as anyone will tell you it should have rabbit in it. I asked the owner where the rabbits came from to be told they were cage reared animals, offered to provide a regular fresh supply but couldn't do that because there would be no health and safety checks.

Daughter bought a chicken from one of the big supermarkets the other day, was well "in date" but when she opened it the smell was enough to knock you off your feet !!!. Show me a gutted rabbit and I'll tell you whether it's fresh or not, if you can't tell as a provider of food you shouldn't be in the business.

Just off to put some rabbit fillets away in the freezer for a bunny curry next weekend.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I think OLLIE was having a bit of a laugh there, just to see how many people he can wind up! I bet it takes him forever to make his mind up about crossing the road to school, let alone planning a meal! :ernyha::shoot::devil::devil::devil::devil::P

I hope you were joking with those comments :P . I have actually planned 4 very successful events this year at university. :devil:

Ollie

Go for a nice bit of Tescos chicken mate. Can't go wrong it's been fed on growth hormones (isn't that a sound rather than a drug) filled with anti biotics, feed on it's own mates left over bits AND s***** fishy stuff BUT it will have been thoroughly tested as fit for human consumption :devil:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pigeonbasher

my missus, asked our butcher, how long will chickens keep in the freezer,

INDEFINETLY said the butcher, thats strange said she" i put two in on fri & by monday they where both dead