Who's The Daddy....?

Anni

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah can be, £45 quid for entry. got to look at 170+ shells depending on ability (I used 45 on the ball trap :good: full use and couldnt hit a cows rear with a banjo) only single barrel DTL tho. great fun all the different disciplines.

for those that dont know ironman 155 is: 25 skeet,30 double rise, 25 single barrel DTL, 25 ABT, 25 sportrap,and 25 sporting.

they do some 100 reg allround too.

Fuzrat

:good: I'd had 3 or 4 goes at Skeet last year. I must admit that I found it quite easy. Started with a 17, then 20 and 21 before ending on 23 before I stopped shooting it. The Iron Man was the first time I'd shot Skeet for 4 months, though I have to say that I found the birds a lot slower at the Northants ground than the place I'd previously used.

DTL is easy, basically they're all fairly flat Teals, blot them out and bang. Double Rise is like DTL with pairs instead of singles.

ABT bust my bawls though, that was hard. Didn't help that we were shooting directly into the sun though.

You might have been shooting an olympic skeet layout before, apparently they are 5 yrds faster. Agree with the abt just a total sod to shoot, whatever floats your boat I suppose. Just not my cup of tea. double rise I would definitely do again great fun.

I shot everything gun down. have learnt better now for the trap stuff. went up to edgehill and watched perrazi from the other site nail some Universal Trench. By the time you get the gun up they are in the next county :good:

If i was a betting man my money would go on

Beretta or Catamong in that order :lol:

Yes, Beretta's a damn good shot, but when i spoke to him a few months back he told me he'd lost interest in shooting and his guns were up for sale, how sad is that..?? :good:

We've had shooting competitions organised on here before, however unlike Viking I wouldn't class Coniston or Park Lodge as being in the "middle of the Country", they're most definitely 'oop North to us effluent Southerners, and probably the only time I'll be going there this year will be to shoot the North of England Team Selection shoot with Paulos and hopefully a few other Forum members..??

One great shoot not to be missed this year will be the Belgium Compact Sporting Championship, last year it was held in Mid May at a lovely little ground near Mons, about an hour and a quarter drive from Calais, you shoot 100 birds each day over the 4 layouts, then get horribly drunk on the lovely Belgian Beer and start molesting their women, it's great fun..!! :yes:

Cat.

"then get horribly drunk on the lovely Belgian Beer and start molesting their women, it's great fun..!!"

was really up for this one until Mrs Fuzrat read the above :lol:

I fancy an allround extravaganza though. Lets see the best of the best compete. Tom Cruise, Val Kilmer, top gun style

NB the author in no way implies he is in the best of the best catagory, any interest in shooting an allround competion is purely social :good:

Fuzrat

Being a live pigeon shooter, and having attended the clay shoots, eons ago, won the cup, got the T shirt, clays are just so EASY, I have to confess that I would, and like wise the other guns I shoot with, well we would like to come and show you guys up, and if we can't, well have a good crack trying. So how about it chaps, Cambridge University Farm Estates, versus the world, sounds good to me.

Be nice if the rural boys, also the pigeon only chaps, like the Cranfields, Ansers and the like, would come along too, and show you clay boys how the real shooters do it, offer a bit of support if they daren't take up the gun that is.

We can show you lot what a £200 gun with no frills can do compared to a gun for a grand with all the chokes or whatever it is you stuff up the end. Any one else reading this thread, who doesn't do clays, but fancies the crack, who wants a pop at these clay's only, get my name in book types, how about it? Could be a bit of fun, or a revelation..

A time and date would be good....How about it?..

Northampton have a 100 reg allround on sun 22/2 for the cpsa guys that want to put their scores in, also open practice for the guys that dont, can still shoot the same birds tho.

I know a wild west quartet that at least the outlaw of the bunch thinks he's the daddy :welcomeani:

Being a live pigeon shooter, and having attended the clay shoots, eons ago, won the cup, got the T shirt, clays are just so EASY, I have to confess that I would, and like wise the other guns I shoot with, well we would like to come and show you guys up, and if we can't, well have a good crack trying. So how about it chaps, Cambridge University Farm Estates, versus the world, sounds good to me.

Be nice if the rural boys, also the pigeon only chaps, like the Cranfields, Ansers and the like, would come along too, and show you clay boys how the real shooters do it, offer a bit of support if they daren't take up the gun that is.

We can show you lot what a £200 gun with no frills can do compared to a gun for a grand with all the chokes or whatever it is you stuff up the end. Any one else reading this thread, who doesn't do clays, but fancies the crack, who wants a pop at these clay's only, get my name in book types, how about it? Could be a bit of fun, or a revelation..

Jim was out last week on the clays with lads that only do clays mate and i was 2 clays off being the high gun :welcomeani: and never shot clays before .

But would i like to compete with the Catamong or beretta :good:

PHEW!! Gone real quiet on here now. Have I killed this thread? OOOPS! No takers then? Ah well!!

You should have just shouted IM THE ****** DADDY........And have done with it

Anyway catamong is the unofficial daddy at the moment...

We need to find out though!!

And theres only one way were gona know aint there

Let the guns do the talking

yawnte4.gif

Read this with a posh accent :welcomeani:

Jim was out last week on the clays with lads that only do clays mate and i was 2 clays off being the high gun :welcomeani: and never shot clays before .

But would i like to compete with the Catamong or beretta :good:

So magman, would you compete though? Could be a good day out. I aint shouting I'm the daddy at all. But could I be? Or one of the guns I shoot with, can they cut the mustard? I think it would be a good day out, and we could meet some of you guys on PW too.

Were just used to shooting in the dirt, and are all pretty good at what we do, who knows, we may show these one gloved suede shoulder patched guys a thing or two, or we may not, and go home with our tails between our legs, but so what, could be a memorable event. Should the challenge be taken up, I'm sure it would be great fun....

Read this with a posh accent :welcomeani:

annihilator are you an **** or what? Don't judge me till you have met me ....Please...

Don't get us mixed up, I am the pigeon shooter who speaks with a posh accent and I am no clay shooter.

I can't maintain concentration on clays, or get the "buzz" going that makes me a very fair live quarry shooter.

Each to their own.