Who's The Daddy....?

Anni

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get us mixed up, I am the pigeon shooter who speaks with a posh accent and I am no clay shooter.

I can't maintain concentration on clays, or get the "buzz" going that makes me a very fair live quarry shooter.

Each to their own.

Just a bit of banter jim dont worry yaself :welcomeani:

i dont really know anybody on here :good: but i would be up for haveing a crack with you fella's only trouble is i get the shakes when i leave the fen for too long.......

So cranfield, you can buy the beers then, and annihilator, I'm not in the slightest worried, and as for webbedfootfenman, I have something here that will stop your shakes and you will never ever want to go back to the fens either.

Cant see how them clay shooters can ever get on, I mean, Ive seen em standing there in them hides they have. They are all open , not a patch of net or scrim, mirrored sunglasses, white faces , u can see them for miles..they never got any decoys either, not a flapper or whirly to be seen...nah, I think I'll stick to pigeon shooting. Besides I checked and cant find an entry on the general licence that states clay pigeon is a pest species!!

So cranfield, you can buy the beers then, and annihilator, I'm not in the slightest worried, and as for webbedfootfenman, I have something here that will stop your shakes and you will never ever want to go back to the fens either.

ive heard about all the luxuries you city boy's have so i'm guessing your talkin about hot running water :welcomeani:

I do appoligise to any posh people who have been offended. And jim

Or pigeon/live quarry shooters.

it was the cambridge university farm estates bit that sounded posh..

I'm sure you will all feel better when you beat me if we ever have a WHO'S THE DADDY shoot off

Or maybe not? :welcomeani:

Everyone past birmingham is posh to me...

Just another joke......

I'll get me coat.

Cant see how them clay shooters can ever get on, I mean, Ive seen em standing there in them hides they have. They are all open , not a patch of net or scrim, mirrored sunglasses, white faces , u can see them for miles..they never got any decoys either, not a flapper or whirly to be seen...nah, I think I'll stick to pigeon shooting. Besides I checked and cant find an entry on the general licence that states clay pigeon is a pest species!!

Our straw bale hides are far better than a camo net against a hedge, we only have to shout for a pair of shots to come our way. They are most definitely a pest in my book keep flying past with only a wave :good::welcomeani:

I do appoligise to any posh people who have been offended. And jim

Or pigeon/live quarry shooters.

it was the cambridge university farm estates bit that sounded posh..

I'm sure you will all feel better when you beat me if we ever have a WHO'S THE DADDY shoot off

Or maybe not? :welcomeani:

Everyone past birmingham is posh to me...

Just another joke......

I'll get me coat.

Good thread you started here, and stop apologizing, stand up to what you print.

Our straw bale hides are far better than a camo net against a hedge, we only have to shout for a pair of shots to come our way. They are most definitely a pest in my book keep flying past with only a wave :good::good:

And then I bet you miss them too..

One great shoot not to be missed this year will be the Belgium Compact Sporting Championship, last year it was held in Mid May at a lovely little ground near Mons, about an hour and a quarter drive from Calais, you shoot 100 birds each day over the 4 layouts, then get horribly drunk on the lovely Belgian Beer and start molesting their women, it's great fun..!! :good:

Cat.

That sounds AMAZING :welcomeani: But a little too far south!!

Back on track though:

So we have established that there is interest (and that Mungler is afraid to leave County boundaries). As I am cool I will make an exec decision and say - 100 A/R, Northampton SG. I wouldn't be able to make Sunday 22nd as I am at Hodnet that weekend. Saturday after???

would prefer a sunday as i work most saturdays, but 1) im in no way shape or form in contention for the Daddy prize. 2) its open practice every sunday so can make a comp up on our own does'nt have to be reg. tend to agree with annihalator march april time let the weather warm up and get a bit of forward planning.

Fuzrat

Edited by fuzrat

That sounds AMAZING :welcomeani: But a little too far south!!

Back on track though:

So we have established that there is interest (and that Mungler is afraid to leave County boundaries). As I am cool I will make an exec decision and say - 100 A/R, Northampton SG. I wouldn't be able to make Sunday 22nd as I am at Hodnet that weekend. Saturday after???

Sorry paulos, but are you saying that you will accept the challenge put forward by Cambridge University Farm Estates guns to a shoot out?

I'm sorry but you will have to elaborate on your numbers and digets, as we are ignorant to your terms, names etc...Bit like me saying meet you by the Beechwood near the Brook by the burnt hay stack.

What does it all mean? You on your own? No contest!...Got any mates? We have a clay ground, straw bale type, are you ok with that? More local too..

The only problem with march/april is that County/regional champs and selection shoots are getting underway so grounds/people may be otherwise engaged :good: If Feb 22nd came up I suppose I could try and make arrangements to do both...

edited to add:

100 A/R = All round consisting of 100 targets, consisting of 25 Skeet, 25 Down the Line, 25 Sporting and 25 Automatic Ball Trap. Descriptions of each can be found at www.cpsa.co.uk :welcomeani:

Northampton SG is a delightful ground in.....well....Northamptonshire.

I will accept Cambridges challenge :o :good:

Edited by paulos

If its at Northampton I might show up.

ZB

Worth going to see what zapp looks like

I got him down as a young donald sutherland (when he was in kellys heroes).

Strange the mental pictures you get with people on here. :welcomeani:

LV is paul whitehouse for obvious reasons.

Worth going to see what zapp looks like

I got him down as a young donald sutherland (when he was in kellys heroes).

Strange the mental pictures you get with people on here. :welcomeani:

LV is paul whitehouse for obvious reasons.

Pfft :good::good: :o :D:lol::lol:

Ok, I have the beard and tend to talk a lot of nonsense, I'll give you that much, but it would have to be after Donald had captured and single handedly consumed the entire German army's supplies of pies and beer!

ZB

ODDBALLSAYSsilkscreen.jpg

plus

LargePie.jpg

plus

right_weiss.jpg

Equals me!

Edited by Zapp Brannigan