* Fly fishing meet up *

Dunkield

We tried this last year but it was the middle of summer and fairly short notice so the turnout was predictably low.

IF we looked to do another day, would anyone be up for it?

Most likely time would be April time, and south of the M25 somewhere, small or medium sized stillwater.

Any takers?

Fluffchucking's much easier than coarse fishing IMO once you have got the cast right - Very little gear to set up and no messing about with different rigs, floats and weights. I went salmon fishing on the Dee last year and was doing fine (according to the ghillie anyway) after about half an hour. It's a two handed rod, but once you get the timing right and can feed the line, it's really rather relaxing.

• 3 weeks later...
What about Chalk springs down in Arundel It's fantastic, Gin clear water & has a may fly hatch. Regards Tis

Hi Guy's,

I am new to the site and would'nt mind coming along to this if that's alright with everyone going?

it's my second year of fly fishing so would be good to learn a little more!!

I have been to chalk spring's and it is the Mutt's Nut's if not a little frustrating at times as you can see everything even the trout following virtually to the rod tip!

Chris.

Someone suggest a venue, south of the M25 and a medium sized fishery.

That way it will be easier to make firm arrangements for those interested.

As the OP I guess I had better return to this thread :welcomeani:

I don't know the area at all, and have never fished over that way so if anyone knows a couple of good fisheries let's here about them

Anyone can google them but we don't want a long drive for somewhere with a nice website and not much else.

This place has a bar so must be a contender!

http://www.hallifordmere.co.uk/

this is another

http://www.alburyestate.com/

ChrisNicholls is probably the man to answer this one?

I fish Halliford Mere quite regularly and it's a decent water. Day ticket catch and release is currently £20, half day to 1pm £15.

I have had some very good days indeed there, often between 10 and 20 fish in a morning, I usually only get the half day ticket. A choice of three lakes stocked with good quality fully finned fish that usually fight very well.