pellet advice

dan222

Hi all

I have a 22, BSA ultra single shot & am at the moment on rabbits , shooting at about 30yds useing Wrs supperdomes 14.5gr am I on the right track for the choice ?

any advice or coments would be good

thanks ,Dan.

Libs and bullet boy are brilliant lads :welcomeani: It is amazing what will and wont work in your rifle.. Buy a pellet sampler and have a go.. Super sonic used them due to a shorter barrel.. I have several air rifles and they all like different pellets.. You want a pellet that is consistently accurate? It could be an H & N match, JSB dome, RWS Super point, etc..

Libs and bullet boy are brilliant lads :good: It is amazing what will and wont work in your rifle.. Buy a pellet sampler and have a go.. Super sonic used them due to a shorter barrel.. I have several air rifles and they all like different pellets.. You want a pellet that is consistently accurate? It could be an H & N match, JSB dome, RWS Super point, etc..

Agreed, try a selection.

Domes are generally the best shape though :good:

On my springer I use RWS dome'd and on my PCP I use AA Diablo's dome'd.

I Crono'd the guns and they each gave me the best results for each gun with excellent accuracy.

BUT dont drop the AA diablo's tin as many of mine had bent skirts. Me being a ham fisted idiot!

Carbon

i find aa amo to be of poor quality.always loads of bent skirts straight out of the tin :unsure:

The AA diablo skirts are very thin so the would seen to expand and seal in the barrel to give better power. Maybe the tins you had, had been poorly handled by delivery companies?

I know that since dropping my one tin twice I have many bends in the skirts. I have just bought another tin and WILL look after them better.

BUT...

The crono is (imparsial?). it gives better power results with them with non bent skirts.

Carbon