Pictures of our companions.

ollie

Agreed ,JTaylor91, but most people would have a fair selection of pics of their own dog + some of the pics on this thread are superb - be a pleasure to look at some of them every morning. Pic by oowee on 26th Aug for example - outstanding.

Edited by bruno22rf

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So here's Isabelle, tomorrow she's 11 months, and today she did a full day picking up (easier) birds on a ducks shoot.

She did splendidly, she's getting steadier, she sat steadily while all kind of game was flushed, pheasants, partridges, a hare and so on, sometime as close to 10 meters. On the retreives she only did one 'switch' on a pretty tough case anyway, otherwise, she's been 'textbook' -- we even went finding shot ducks in the cover crop and she was quartering like a spaniel, without 20 meters or so, pouncing back on recall. She had a blast of a day!

I only send her on a easy 'clear' retrieves she can't 'miss' -- even if sometime 'stuff' happens, she does LOVE going after runners tho!

At about 5 months:

rUNvNkb.jpg

And today:

BOGLYTC.jpg

And another one to melt all your hearts :-)

d3gPxfN.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

In sepia because of the age. This lab was in his first year at the time and turned out to be the best dog I would ever own and a friend to everyone unless your name was Mr Fox.

This picture was taken probably in the summer of 79/80 and the pigeons shot on a farm which is now buried under bricks and concrete less than a mile from Solihull Town centre.

P1010006.JPG

On 12/10/2019 at 21:47, buze said:

So here's Isabelle, tomorrow she's 11 months, and today she did a full day picking up (easier) birds on a ducks shoot.

She did splendidly, she's getting steadier, she sat steadily while all kind of game was flushed, pheasants, partridges, a hare and so on, sometime as close to 10 meters. On the retreives she only did one 'switch' on a pretty tough case anyway, otherwise, she's been 'textbook' -- we even went finding shot ducks in the cover crop and she was quartering like a spaniel, without 20 meters or so, pouncing back on recall. She had a blast of a day!

I only send her on a easy 'clear' retrieves she can't 'miss' -- even if sometime 'stuff' happens, she does LOVE going after runners tho!

At about 5 months:

rUNvNkb.jpg

And today:

BOGLYTC.jpg

And another one to melt all your hearts 🙂

d3gPxfN.jpg

she is a beautiful dog mate.

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

In sepia because of the age. This lab was in his first year at the time and turned out to be the best dog I would ever own and a friend to everyone unless your name was Mr Fox.

This picture was taken probably in the summer of 79/80 and the pigeons shot on a farm which is now buried under bricks and concrete less than a mile from Solihull Town centre.

P1010006.JPG

Nice picture, thanks for sharing a bit of history.

Yep, we remember them don't we.  Although I was brought up from the moment I could crawl with cattle dogs (corgis) and a sheep dog my personal first was a big powerful lab  which I purchased from the keeper at the time at Mereval Estate.   Is he a choccy or is it just the light? 

Edited by Walker570

Just now, Walker570 said:

Yep, we remember them don't we.  Although I was brought up from the moment I could crawl with cattle dogs (corgis) and a sheep dog my first was a big powerful lab  which I purchased from the keeper at the time at Mereval Estate.   Is he a choccy or is it just the light? 

No not a chocolate but a very big black lab from the Scottish Borders.

I have found over the years that is was bad luck getting my very best dog as my first dog. I didn’t quite realise what I had. Some others have failed to live up to his abilities.

Almost the same boat as I lost my first lab in a car accident but then spent much time shooting clays and the lab we had was not really a shooting dog as such. Then Muffin came along, my chocy lab in the sepia photo and he is probably the best dog I have owned although I am lucky as they have all been outstanding hunters in their own way, but Muff would do anyhting from diving ducks in the River Usk to finding and dragging roe deer out of Scottish drainage ditches. He was a monster and could swing a fox around like it was a rabbit but as soft as anything with a bird.  Mind a fox had him on the nose when he was about six months old and he never forgot it and repayed many times.

Here's Reggie

He is a four month old GSP. After my Dear old friend Nellie (staffy x collie). Died in June, we decided to get another dog  to fill the void. well that void is filled and more, he certainly is a handful but I am looking forward to starting his training at the end of the season.     

Reggie (2).jpg

57 minutes ago, JDog said:

My dogs were out at six this morning before the rain started and are now just ‘chillin’. This is Barney on the window seat.

A73C4C1F-7A67-4BB0-842C-429146D2419A.jpeg

i hate cruelty

1. no water bowl with malvern water
  2. no silver plater with thinly sliced roast beef
  3. the egyptian slaves with palm fronds have the day off

huh

• 4 weeks later...
On 07/11/2019 at 07:47, Mr gen said:

Here's Reggie

He is a four month old GSP. After my Dear old friend Nellie (staffy x collie). Died in June, we decided to get another dog  to fill the void. well that void is filled and more, he certainly is a handful but I am looking forward to starting his training at the end of the season.     

Reggie (2).jpg

Beautiful, got a way to go to grow into those ears (and I suspect paws too) 👍

What line is he?