Pictures of our companions.

ollie

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

They certainly look well fed ...

People gone mad for “fox red” labs ... yellow labs used to cost the same as black ones but change the word yellow to “fox red” and you can almost double your price... more madness. 

It's called 'fashion' Lloyd. My first was a dark colour yellow lab, my second was white and I mean white as white, my third was a choccy and then labs started to to look like welsh sheep dogs(again fashion) and I changed to HPRs. I have been pleased to see a return of proper labs in the field in the last year or two, which is great. 

38 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

It's called 'fashion' Lloyd. My first was a dark colour yellow lab, my second was white and I mean white as white, my third was a choccy and then labs started to to look like welsh sheep dogs(again fashion) and I changed to HPRs. I have been pleased to see a return of proper labs in the field in the last year or two, which is great. 

Well i've never been one for fashion, i've had them since before they were fox red's,  i've also had black's , whites and yellow's in fact i've already got my name on another black, think i've had 9 lab's now. i've had spaniels, liver and white and black and white, only 6 of them. And obviously my pointers. Oh and i forgot 2 cockers.

Edited by ninjaferret

4 hours ago, Fatcatsplat said:

You got a pup at a good time - With what has happened this year on several fronts in the Clumber world, i fear for the breed going forward

Yes, I did and he's from good stock, I spoke to the right people at the right time and fell on my feet. Still can't quite comprehend what happened with the Zuricks (I bought my first Clumber from Debbie) and then Jim Winter; been a bad year for the breed as they were pivotal in the resurrection of the Clumber as a working dog. However, I think there are now enough enlightened people to keep the breed alive and flourishing. Hopefully...

1 hour ago, Hector Vector said:

Yes, I did and he's from good stock, I spoke to the right people at the right time and fell on my feet. Still can't quite comprehend what happened with the Zuricks (I bought my first Clumber from Debbie) and then Jim Winter; been a bad year for the breed as they were pivotal in the resurrection of the Clumber as a working dog. However, I think there are now enough enlightened people to keep the breed alive and flourishing. Hopefully...

Indeed - I've had a Sedgehurst and a Winterholt Clumber. Fingers crossed for the future 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I first posted some pics of my dogs in the topic on 6th jan 2007.

I posted a pic of my lab George who was 1 at the time and has been by my side up until I lost him at the age of 15 on dec 30th 2020. George had a fab life and I couldn't of asked for a better dog. he never put a foot wrong. and was so loving it was unreal. so here's his first and last pics. (pic with horse he was 1)

now i also posted a picture of my jr bailey who was 8 weeks at the time. I still have bailey (now 14) again a well behaved, loving dog.

ill post his latest picture too.

george 6th jan 2007.jpg

bailey 8 weeks old.jpg

george chrismas day 2020.jpg

bailey now.jpg

bailey now 1.jpg

now while I remember ill add a updated pic of Chester my 3yo lab.

Chester was one of john robsons pups and is also a good dog.

chester 1.jpg

chester now.jpg

Updated me and Pip tidy up day on moors as the pheasants pinching the medicated grouse salt/feed so invited to a thinning out.  Same moors I went to with dad and grandad 40 years ago !

these days that the numbers don’t really count but the two my dog put up working were I asked most of the time then downed by me - happy days 

Agriv8

A40585F8-B4C3-43A7-97C1-091E6D40A1D5.jpeg

D53DABF3-595B-4972-9AB5-7BC6B2BF7CCD.jpeg

This is my "leg warmer" Rosie. She's a 7yr old springer/collie. As much use as a gundog as a chocolate fireguard. She's fine with loud noise but seems to have a severe aversion to the gun, no matter if it's the moderated .22 or even my wee GAT air pistol, it's like she senses the projectile or something.

She's a great companion dog, very gentle and bidable, my brother in law has her littermate brother, and ignored all the advice I gave him to get on top of training asap to get the dog into line and the dogs are chalk and cheese now.... his actually put teeth on me one day and regretted it instantly, didn't bite down but I wasn't taking any chances!

20210101_163004.jpg

Not the greatest pic but this is my cocker that I lost just over a year ago. Abbey was my first dog and first gundog. The most stubborn hard headed cocker bitch the world has produced!

She was about a year old in this pic, had to keep the lead on as she was in a public forest park, (delamont outside killyleagh for any NI members) the pic is slightly zoomed in on the camera phone it was took on in 2009 but She was sitting about 50 yards away. Notice the funny splay legged bum on the floor sitting thing going on? Because she sat like that if it was really wet in the fields she didn't like to sit at all, think the water annoyed her wee bum! She would actually park her bum on the toe of my boot to keep it off the ground

FB_IMG_1610052517028.jpg

Edited by Rob85
Adding text