Pictures of our companions.

ollie

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

25 months now, she shaped up fantastic, trained her off season to make 20 to 30 seconds "loops" around me, either flushing or picking up, and she's be fantastic in the cover crop -- didn't get to practice a lot this year, but the few times we had were just great.

She's still switching. Not with toys, but birds, that "next  one" always look a lot sexier than the one she picked! She's OK about 50% of the time, especially with massive encouragements. But hey, she's still young.

And she has tons of fun!

IMG_20210123_152256.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Barney is three years old today.

Some may remember that he broke his elbow in several places when he was five months old. We worried at the time that he would lose his leg. He has turned out to be the most athletic dog I have had. He is also unfailingly polite and obedient.

D5AE1D60-E75E-4B58-B18E-FD115DB83567.jpeg

That’s a good outcome, hopefully he will have a long and happy working life. My old boy broke his back right knee joint and cut through the ligaments 6 years ago. I considered having him destroyed but the vet was optimistic. It took over 12 months to rehabilitate, with many set backs, but since then hasn’t troubled him once. He’s too old now to get early arthritis so overall it doesn’t seem to have affected him at all. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...