Pictures of our companions.

13 minutes ago, Fatcatsplat said:

You got a pup at a good time - With what has happened this year on several fronts in the Clumber world, i fear for the breed going forward

They are beautiful dog's one i've always fancied, but never scratched the itch.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

They certainly look well fed ...

People gone mad for “fox red” labs ... yellow labs used to cost the same as black ones but change the word yellow to “fox red” and you can almost double your price... more madness. 

It's called 'fashion' Lloyd. My first was a dark colour yellow lab, my second was white and I mean white as white, my third was a choccy and then labs started to to look like welsh sheep dogs(again fashion) and I changed to HPRs. I have been pleased to see a return of proper labs in the field in the last year or two, which is great. 

38 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

It's called 'fashion' Lloyd. My first was a dark colour yellow lab, my second was white and I mean white as white, my third was a choccy and then labs started to to look like welsh sheep dogs(again fashion) and I changed to HPRs. I have been pleased to see a return of proper labs in the field in the last year or two, which is great. 

Well i've never been one for fashion, i've had them since before they were fox red's,  i've also had black's , whites and yellow's in fact i've already got my name on another black, think i've had 9 lab's now. i've had spaniels, liver and white and black and white, only 6 of them. And obviously my pointers. Oh and i forgot 2 cockers.

Edited by ninjaferret
4 hours ago, Fatcatsplat said:

You got a pup at a good time - With what has happened this year on several fronts in the Clumber world, i fear for the breed going forward

Yes, I did and he's from good stock, I spoke to the right people at the right time and fell on my feet. Still can't quite comprehend what happened with the Zuricks (I bought my first Clumber from Debbie) and then Jim Winter; been a bad year for the breed as they were pivotal in the resurrection of the Clumber as a working dog. However, I think there are now enough enlightened people to keep the breed alive and flourishing. Hopefully...

1 hour ago, Hector Vector said:

Yes, I did and he's from good stock, I spoke to the right people at the right time and fell on my feet. Still can't quite comprehend what happened with the Zuricks (I bought my first Clumber from Debbie) and then Jim Winter; been a bad year for the breed as they were pivotal in the resurrection of the Clumber as a working dog. However, I think there are now enough enlightened people to keep the breed alive and flourishing. Hopefully...

Indeed - I've had a Sedgehurst and a Winterholt Clumber. Fingers crossed for the future 

My current GSP's parent's in their prime (it was the bitch's first outing after weaning the litter, hence her condition).  I imported them from Croatia back in the day after visiting some falconry friends out there and seeing the quality of their lines.

Andro.jpg

Amy point.jpg

Edited by Mickeydredd
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...