CHAINSAW PROBLEM

chris crow

First check you haven't left the choke on, the fact you aren't getting a spark could be that the connection against the motor body isn't good enough.

Then check the connection from the HT lead to the spark plug cap, then remove and replace the plug. If this doesn't work check the plug condition and gap. If it still doesn't work change the plug. After that you are probably looking at taking it in to be looked at as it is most likely an internal problem.

I have just purchased a petrol ryobi chain saw I used it for 5 mins and now it wont start.I have tried starting saw with spark plug against cylinder head and there isnt a spark.any of you guys had a problem like this.

Obvious stuff first as said above.

First off fuel - did you mix it to the right ratio?

Is chainsaw turned on? Sounds daft but you never know...

PLug - remove yours and heat it up over a flame so any oil residue is burnt off and refit and try again.

If its till won't fire try a new plug.

If it won't run after that take it back to store and ask their advice or ask for a replacement.

i would take it as a warning of future problems and take it back and buy a stihl! :good:

That said, the engine is probably flooded so with the spark plug out pull the recoil to release trapped pressure, dry the plug and try again. If not then try a new plug.

Other possibility is that one of the spade conections on the ignition module or switch is lose.

husqvarna all the way, a far better saw for the money than the sthl...i just bought a 235e and it's fantastic...

if you look for the equivalant stihl with 35cc and 16" bar it will be double the price but no more robust..

also i have 1 mcculloch and a friend has 2 ryobi's and the ryobi's are only good for very small jobs now and again, the mcculloch has lasted well considering the abuse it has had, it still works but the oil pump has gone and costs nearly as much as the whole saw did!

gixer1

Edited by gixer1

gixer1 i can get a 35cc stihl with a 16" bar for £185 inc vat, if you can get a husky for half the price can i have the deatails.

Tam dolmars have been rebadged as makita, they have a few good saws. i think the dcs 5001 and the dcs 7301.

If your looking for a saw for domestic use you cant beat echo, they come with a 5 year domestic warranty. For professional use stihl or husqvarna are both as good as each other, husky are slightly faster reving/cutting but stihl have more torque. I only buy stihl now as i have a dealer 5 miles from here where as the nearest husky dealer i'd use is 50 miles away. good back up is essential, i run 11 chainsaws at the moment and 8 of them are stihl.

I have a small Stihl which has always been faultless, I also have a Solo which I have never used as I always run the Stihl.

Has anyone got any thoughts on Solo saws?

If its a pile of rubbish I will not waste time replacing the piston and ring, its already done a bit of work judging by the worn linkages.

Ta,

Sick

JP Beaver -

Here you go....http://www.worldofpower.co.uk/brands/Husqvarna/Light-Compact/b1418/sc1210/p1598.aspx and this includes numerous extras...

Edited to say - I was told on here that the 235e was made by an outside factory but have thouroughly checked this and it is rubbish, it IS made by Husky in thier plant...

The equivalent Stihl would be a 211 and they are usually around £270...

http://www.worldofpower.co.uk/Garden-and-O...1210/p8690.aspx

Edited by gixer1