Land Rover

charlie 1

I am getting 26 MPG in my TD5 on ATs if it is mostly motorways and if I keep to 60 MPH most of the time. I used to get 32 MPG in my 200 TDi, so I think something needs to be looked at. If I am doing short runs too much it goes down to 22/23 MPG.

I changed all the oils and filters when I got the TD5 back in March, so maybe I should clean out the intercooler and check for anything else that might be costing me fuel.

I am thinking about getting a defender but my biggest issue is the mpg. as i have to travel a little bit for work and don't want to constantly be throwing money into the diesel tank.

so you guys who drive defenders what mpg do you get?

thanks

charlie

My 300 came with AT,s and I changed them for luvverly chunky mud tyres run at lower psi..... they have cost me 5-10 mpg and are a darn sight noisier on the tarmac something to remember?

Rgds D2D

My 300 came with AT,s and I changed them for luvverly chunky mud tyres run at lower psi..... they have cost me 5-10 mpg and are a darn sight noisier on the tarmac something to remember?

Rgds D2D

cheers m8 i knew the chunkys where noisy as that is what i have on my freelander now but i didn't know they would make such a difference to mpg.

i may have to stick to a/t then if i go for the defender.

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

My discovery v8 lpg bearing in mind i pay 49p a litre works out around town about 28mpg and motorway run about 32mpg, so works out about the same as a TD5, but you have the lovely V8 sound and lot smoother than a diesel plus the V8 can move this beast quite quickly when needed, plus buy one already converted and it win win situation as they are still cheaper than a TD5 to buy...