Weres the justice?

paulf

Its a case of unless there is a deterent then we will not stop this happening. A few years in jail for this lot, is hardly hard work, in fact given there likely home country ( ok they may be born here, but perhaps not) then it is probably luxury, they will probably do it again as soon as they get out, so they can hit the jackpot jail again !!

To read that one of them only got 6 years is unbelievable. The same sentence passed down to the old boy who screwed his insurance company by pretending he'd drowned in a boating accident, only to turn up in South America a couple of years later claiming he had amnesia. It would seem the justice system (and i use the term loosely) puts fraud in the same bracket as gang rape.

It would be nice to think they'll get their just deserts inside, though i suspect they'll be put on a wing with other like minded nonces and given all the protection they need.

I'm not really one of the 'hang 'em high' brigade but i do feel chemical castration has a place in this type of case. Actually a couple of house bricks would do the job just as well.

This country has allowed a sub life to delvelope and this is the fault of governments both tory ans labour . They have allowed the do-gooders and the bleeding heart liberals to determine what should happen in this country of ours . The police have had their hands tied and the governments have allowed bleeding heart liberal judges into the judicial sytem . We used to have proper judges and proper policeman 20 years ago who used to mop this scum up and put them into proper prisons run by proper prison officers under the charge of proper prison governors . This has all changed and this scum can walk our streets at will . Left to me they would have hung by the neck untill dead ,and god have mercy on their souls ,or rot in hell .

Harnser .

If it's a secure conviction (and to be honest having heard about the 3 Defendants and their conduct throughout the investigation and in Court I don't care if the conviction is secure or not) then the victim's family should be given the option of having them put in sacks and then hockey sticks handed round to the victim's family and friends. Just 30 minutes should be enough and then followed up with the prison sentance. That sounds a whole lot fairer and more like justice to me.

I think sentencing is definately too light and is open to way too many appeals. when you get a sentence I believe you should serve all of it. I don't believe in capital punishment, I think if the state decides to execute the criminal then eventually we have no distinction between the criminal and the state, they become synonymous and this is dangerous. Have harsh sentences and zero tolerance policy but I will never agree with capital punishment.

I do not believe in keeping them locked up with more rights than any of us do :good: I had to pay for my 4 years at the university, but as a convict you can earn a degree and its paid for by my taxes.. I slept in the mud and rain and ate **** for rations while serving my country.. Granted i volunteered for that, but 99% of the cons in the US have it better than our boys and girls fighting this war with no end, and yet, the convict has no rights, but they live well? :no: Something is wrong here :D One appeal and thats it!!

I do not believe in keeping them locked up with more rights than any of us do :good: I had to pay for my 4 years at the university, but as a convict you can earn a degree and its paid for by my taxes.. I slept in the mud and rain and ate **** for rations while serving my country.. Granted i volunteered for that, but 99% of the cons in the US have it better than our boys and girls fighting this war with no end, and yet, the convict has no rights, but they live well? :no: Something is wrong here :D One appeal and thats it!!

Lee ,

Convicts are volunteers as well . If you carnt do the time dont do the crime .

Harnser .

Interesting.

Just read in the local rag that 3 men due in Colchester magistrates court tomorrow, all charged with raping an 18yr old girl in the town. Don't know any details yet, but if they are eventually found guilty it will be interesting to see the sentences handed down. Especially bearing in mind the maximum sentence is life imprisonment.

Sonic, Your spot on.

Why arent the judges giving out proper sentences? The CPS do sometimes fail to prosecute but in the cases when it does and folk are found guilty they frequently get a joke of a sentence. A lot of the buck has to stop with the judges.

A bit of good news on this. The Attorney General's office has asked to see the case files to see if they can be sent to the appeal court, as the sentences are thought to be 'unduly lenient'.

It turns out one of them is an Angolan immigrant, whilst another was born in Jamaica. I can only hope sentences are doubled and they'll be deported as soon as it's served.

I won't hold my breath though!!

A bit of good news on this. The Attorney General's office has asked to see the case files to see if they can be sent to the appeal court, as the sentences are thought to be 'unduly lenient'.

It turns out one of them is an Angolan immigrant, whilst another was born in Jamaica. I can only hope sentences are doubled and they'll be deported as soon as it's served.

We can all hope!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7840339.stm

yep yet another example of the "enrichment of life via multiculturalism" that these savages bring to us.

cheers KW