anybody had any experience with smk rifles if so how would you rate th

enemyofthecrow

well basically what i said in the title i have an SMK 19 i was sold it under the pretense that it is the most powerful rifle you can have without licence and was wondering whether they are any cop. i havent downed anything with it yet and have stopped trying (i live in a top floor flat) after reading those stories that have been posted up. any input apreciated. oh yeah if anyone is still reading at this point what do you make of those premethius pellets (plastic mounted alloy tip things) anygood??

thanks dan :good:

i've got a smk19 it's ok. downed a few beasts at reasonable ditances. yhey sound a bit cheap when they fire but they are quite aqurate ive managed 1" groupings at 30-35yards. What distance are you shooting at? perhaps it needs putting on a chrono to check the power. it may need a new spring etc.

to be honest you can buy them new for about £90 so they're never going to be the best.

They are very reliable and very accurate. A little under powered maybe as i believe my partners brotheres is running about 10.5 and i've heard most do. If you can get someone to bring it up to 11.5 (RFD) you'll be laughing! My XS20 groups 0.5 inch groups at 30 yards and they pretty much the same internally. The XS19 is a little rough around then edges i've found and slightly less powered than the 20 so just Chrono it... if its under powered ask your local to fix it up with a new spring maybe. not expensive.

Lewis

im sorry but smk are the worst air rifle manufactor in the 21st century,first off there was that much recoil on the 22. i had it broke my crosshairs on my scope,they sound like a something you would buy out of a pound shop,and they always break-about the same as a 12 gauge shotgun,neverrrr buy one mate.

I had one of these rifles for a short time (cost £90) while I was waiting delivery of an TXhc. To be fair I found it surprisingly effective at up to 25yds and reasonably accurate. You will usually get exactly what you pay for and it isn't even on the same pitch as my TXhc, but my grandson is using it now for his first airgun and he's enjoying it (tho' he can't cock it yet! )