Bye Bye 100w Lightbulb

Billy.

The eco friendly lightbulbs are bad for my eyes since I wear glasses and when reading they provide a crappy glow. Do you think I could get away with having 100W lightbulbs since having to have eco-friendly ones could make my sight worse, so certainly that is a breach of my human rights no? :-o

With the local tesco doing the 20 watt energy saver ones...in fact the did the whole range mix and match 5 for 40 pence i don't think the TF ones will even sell for that much longer, i presume most of the cost is subsidised by energy saving organisations.

i actually put 10 through the self service till and it came up with a stupid price of 58 pence, i checked the receipt in case the all didn't go on and yes 10 energy saving light bulbs for 58 pence...bargain!!!

the stupid thing about all this is GU10's are growing in popularity, my builder suggested them for my kitchen but its 50 m2 and he was planning on 20 of them, I get the feeling my electric bill would have been rather painful and make a 100w bulb user look like a sandal wearing lettuce leaf munching greenie

The eco friendly lightbulbs are bad for my eyes since I wear glasses and when reading they provide a crappy glow. Do you think I could get away with having 100W lightbulbs since having to have eco-friendly ones could make my sight worse, so certainly that is a breach of my human rights no? :-o

The glow from those eco bulbs are horrible. I can spot one as soon as I walk in a room, they just have this glow about them which looks unnatural

The glow all depends on which make of bulb and which power of bulb you go with. The first bulbs we tried were awful, and seemed to cast a glow that made it feel well foggy. We have since changed to better brand names and higher wattage equivilents and they are just as good as normal bulbs. Other than the fact they are cheaper to run.

I think they got there 'equivalent to' numbers wrong in the early days as Axe says the newer/better ones are OK.

Having said that, for decorating you can't beat a few 100 watters glowing away all evening!

I wonder if there will be a 100+ watt black market?

I am still waiting for someone to offer me silly money for all the pre-new legislation 1.5 and 2.5mm twin and earth I have in the loft :lol:

Be very very careful, I have it from a good source that when the police are not busy changing the film in speed cameras, They will be sneaking about in our gardens with wall topping hats, And dark lanterns peeping through our curtains, If an illegal light bulb is suspected back up will be called, All sides of the house will be secured to avoid the criminals escape , The main window will be smashed to allow the surprise entry of the firearm squad, Flash grenades will no longer be allowed,(they exceed 100Watt) But all occupants will be ordered to lay on the floor and keep their hands away from the light switch, The light bulb may then be blown out by a shotgun or similar, Prison sentences of up to five years may be handed out for excess shining, A police spokesman said the were aware of some Chinese imported bulbs marked sixty watt, when they were really one hundred, If in doubt ask a government light bulb official to obtain a certificate (bw9854OK32325bh 556 ll) of brightness, In future a new Agency will enabled and known as the Light Brigade, And their brief will be to see WATT bulbs we are using! Flashing will also be covered under these new laws,

FYI, the EU are banning 100w light bulbs from September, as they are not energy efficient. So stock up, if you want to keep that tungsten glow in your room, rather than the faux white look of those energy efficient ones.

Link

100w today, 60w tomorrow. We'll be living in the bloody dark ages again soon the way we're being governed by Europe. What's the odds that, as with all new laws/bans introduced by the great unelected, we're the only muppets to enforce it?