Shooting Clips from the USA

Hamish

i like his bright red cap on the JT shooting a fake deer 3 times at Owl Creek Lodge one :blink: goes well with the rest of his outfit ???

jake

Yeh but I think they have to wear bright colours when they are in the woods so that another sports man doesn't shoot them.

What ollie said is right, because deer (and some other mammals) are in effect colourblind to orange and pink they can't see it, but it makes it very obvious to other hunters. I guess it's sensible as I understand sportsmen shooting each other in the states (used to and still is?) a bit of a problem. Thank goodness, we don't have that problem here.

I believe a lot of "public land" in America is open for anyone to shoot which is a good thing - however, because of it being open to anyone it is not organised in any way and lots of shooters are covering the same land.

Very nice links I liked seeing the gobblers very much. However, I personally felt it was sad to see the lion - even more so as it looked in the video as if there were some upright stakes in the ground (not natural) which I am concerned could have formed part of a pen, I have heard this occurs in S.Africa, and is basically "shooting in a can" to high paying americans who are just after a trophy and is not something i personally approve of.

Gotta agree with you fellows. The lion hunt certainly looked 'canned' to me. One would suspect that any wild lion would flee at the sight of humans approaching in such a manner. Having said that, I've never hunted lions so I guess I shouldn't be too certain with my comments.

I have participated in a lot of white-tailed deer hunts in the U.S., though what you'll see in most videos of this type are not hunts at all, but are what I call "deer shoots". Most of the Texas scenes involve using corn spread on the ground to attrack does. During the rut, the bucks will move into the open areas to check the breeding status of the does and hence present a decent shot.

The comments about public hunting property in the States is correct, and as an added measure of safety, deer hunters are required to wear 'hunter orange' in most states.....usually on private property as well. The amount of hunter orange varies by state. Deer are color blind and cannot see it, but the human eye can pick up the color a mile away.

I do get a kick out of seeing these guys spend all sorts of money on fancy camouflage clothing, only to then sit totally hidden in a box blind.

El Gringo

• 2 weeks later...

The lion hunt was canned. I read about it on the Accurate Reloading forums. A few of the points they picked out were that the lion acted all disoriented during his attack of the unter. Notice it looks in every direction and doesn't attempt another attack. Also, the PH should have been protecting his hunter. I was rooting for the lion. Anyways...if you have never checked that site click here...

accurate reloading

Then go to the video page for some real laughs.

Gotta agree with you fellows. The lion hunt certainly looked 'canned' to me. One would suspect that any wild lion would flee at the sight of humans approaching in such a manner. Having said that, I've never hunted lions so I guess I shouldn't be too certain with my comments.

I have participated in a lot of white-tailed deer hunts in the U.S., though what you'll see in most videos of this type are not hunts at all, but are what I call "deer shoots". Most of the Texas scenes involve using corn spread on the ground to attrack does. During the rut, the bucks will move into the open areas to check the breeding status of the does and hence present a decent shot.

The comments about public hunting property in the States is correct, and as an added measure of safety, deer hunters are required to wear 'hunter orange' in most states.....usually on private property as well. The amount of hunter orange varies by state. Deer are color blind and cannot see it, but the human eye can pick up the color a mile away.

I do get a kick out of seeing these guys spend all sorts of money on fancy camouflage clothing, only to then sit totally hidden in a box blind.

El Gringo

Would any of you want to be out hunting with those gung ho planks !!!, What about the **** head who shot the standing deer target three times thinking it was a real deer, didn't even realise it was a target until he walked up to it !!!.

Those guys scare me just to look at, you've only got to look at their track record for killing our soldiers in so called "friendly fire" incidents. IMHO calling it that is as big an insult as you can offer to the relatives of the victim, how can being killed by one of your allies ever be considered friendly ;). Surprised the spin doctors haven't come up with a more politically correct version by now !!

Sorry, going off topic, Hat and coat firmly on, I'm out the door..........Byeeeeee

Aye. Don't care much for hunting with crossbows or bows as it looks as though most of the kills were'nt cleanly done.

I especially did'nt like the lion hunt :< :< i think that was purely sadistic ;) (If they're not good enough to plant a head shot or one in the heart with a rifle of the calibre you'd be using for hunting game of that class then they should'nt be there but thats the world we live in). VERY SAD! In fact i thiink the hunting group deserved to be mauled a few times, probably worse :D .

It just did'nt look right!!! :D

I remember reading about the Lion Hunt Video which apprently caused an upRoar (excuse the pun) when it was released

Apparently the Lion was carted in to an unfamiliar territory and had been sedated only hours earlier. There have been unconfirmed reports that it had been de-clawed and de-toothed some months before

Shame it didnt get hold of a couple of those tossers and chew em up a bit.

I know of a Game Hunter who has shot Lion, Buffalo and Wildebeast in Africa and he has seen the video and was adamant that if they had been using the proper ammunition the Lion would not have got up after the first shot even if the shot was slightly misplaced.

I think its a pretty sick bit of advertising.

FM.

only watched the lion hunt clip.what a bunch of tossers.as real as one of tony blairs smiles.what a sad bunch of pseudo hard men.shoot like typical yanks-all guns blazing,shame there was no friendly fire in the clip.

edited to add-when the hell do people stalking lions take that many people and a camera crew who are unfazed.absolute scum :<

Edited by digger

No RB,

We are not and we dont want to be, just wish it had ripped his face open or one his his so called hunter mates had put a few rounds into each other.

Sad, Sad, Sad.

I've mentioned before that I've had the pleasure of observing these great cats in the wild and to think thats there's people out there that choose to kill them is just shocking.

Lets see if there great hunters when there grand kids dont get the chance to see a wild lion or tiger because of their ingnorance. :<

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

That was the best bit. I was sitting there willing the lion to take a few chunks out. How sickening at the end when they congratulated each other. I would have melted my gun down and hung my head in shame. To**ers !! Quite surprising they didn't hit each other, they seemed to be firing quite wildly in a bit of a panic. Oh well, maybe next time.

• 3 weeks later...

Because you paid for it and the 'company' guarentee it.

There is no lion shooting in Kent where I live, but I wont slag off someone that does.

I think caged animal shooting stinks, but thats there buisness, and thats what it is.

Same for Rhino and all the others that we see as majestic beasts.

LB B)