New rifle

silverpig1

I know this has probably been asked and answered many times but i cant find it and need to know. I've been shooting clays for a while and the clay ground has a new air rifle section. I have a theoben fenman but fancy a pcp. I have three in mind AA S510, Daystate Mk3 and Hw100s. My fenman is .22 so I was thinking of having a go with .177 It would be used for targets and hunting. I can afford the above but ant the best quality. Any ideas?

Im a daystate fan so i would go with the daystate, But they are all great rifles, the HW100 very accurate.

Have you tried any of them out for size yet?

If not i would get down to your nearest shop and have a play with them and see what one fits YOU best, and better still a shop that you can try them out at!! :angry:

Mark

Im a daystate fan so i would go with the daystate, But they are all great rifles, the HW100 very accurate.

Have you tried any of them out for size yet?

If not i would get down to your nearest shop and have a play with them and see what one fits YOU best, and better still a shop that you can try them out at!! :angry:

Mark

in all fairness daystate offer a no quibble 3 year guarantee something few other makers do. hull cartridge were a bit of a let down regarding my hw.

you've herd a vote for the other two now ill give a vote for the s510 which i have just bought myself, the gun seems very well balanced and does mount very well for me, i also looked at the other two and thought all three had the same build quality, i have added an extra moderator which makes the gun very quiet too, as for accuracy well i would think all three would be the same, i too have gone for 177 and i will use it for hunting but as has been mentioned before handle all three and go with the one you like the feel of, whatever you choose I'm sure you will be happy with....good job you didn't add any more makes to your list, you could have been reading the votes for rifles all night

I had a go with the air arms and the Hw100 today. I was vey impressed by the accuracy of the HW100. I still havn't had a go with the daystate. A fella i was talking to was trying to steer me away from the daystate rifles because of problems with electronic triggers.

Its good to know that .177 will do for both hunting and HFT.