hunter wellies

sambu13

I do a lot of shooting on the shore so I bought a pair of Hunter waders and they are simply the most uncomfortable things I have ever worn on my feet.

I get a pain in the arch of both feet and they rub/burn my heels to bits (yes they fit correctly).

On the other hand I have a pair of decent Dunlop wellingtons and they are very comfortable and hard wearing.

Now I am not saying all Hunter products are bad but my natural inclination is to avoid the brand based on my experiences

You can get Hunters (if your size 9 or 12) for £25 at TKMAXX but they are not very good (dont hold out the cold and fall to bits ...aparently).

Go for Lacrosse Alpha burly sport camo wellies - top boots - neoprene with fleece lining. Awesome for the money £54..... Take a look here

http://www.ukcovers.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of...thing.html#a202

Hunter Sovereigns are great boots.

I had a studded soled pair and they lasted for 5 years. They are stiff in the ankle so you won't go over on uneven ground (unlike the bloody Aigles I have now) :yes:

You will need a couple of pairs of good warm socks though!

Been wearing studded hunters for years and agree warm socks, recently advised to go up a size to 11, thought sod it I,ll treat myself to a pair of neoprene zip up, chameaus..... well now done a fair few miles and they are great, warm as toast and comfortable even with thin socks and they come with a warranty.

I know they cost more but deffo get what you pay for.

Rgds D2D

ive had a pair of le chameau for several years and they are superb, i wear them at work, shooting, fishing, every where you need wellies, walked hundreds of miles in them and they are still in good nick, they are the neoprene zip up ones which are a bit pricey but when you get that much use out of them and how warm they keep your feet they are well worth every penny, I would never buy any other make again

mikee

I recommend to buy a pair of second hand ex-Special Forces boots (Gore-Tex lined) from: http://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk/ Mine cost £15 + £7.50 P&P - they are hardly worn, looked as new, very confortable, warm and dry.

Use the money you save to buy a nice Valentine's Day present!

Sounds like Sportsman Gun Centre has been doing a roaring trade in Hunters :good:

I've got 3 YO Neo-Galloways, no complaints and I've just bought a pair of Sovereigns - the sole alone makes them worth buying over Le Chams at the SGC price (double for the equivalent LC boot). I 've had LC boots, they're nice but you pay for the brand, no doubt. For serious cold weather neo's Muck Boots at 50 odd quid take a bit of beating I believe.

WGD

Dog won Hunter Neo Abernethy's at Glamis a couple of years ago - can't fault them :lol: :lol: :good: & I hate wellies with a vengance :lol: Prize was just the Hunter Classic's for 2008 :yes: my mate's wearing these :good: :good: :yes: :yes: Other half also has Classics won at Dunfries & Galloway & she gets on OK with them :good:

i've just got a pair of Lacrosse Alpha burly sport camo wellies to replace my Hunter Classics, they're a million times better and only £55 - neoprene and fleece lined with great ankle support and proper rugged soles.

ebay link here!

can second that just bought my second pair i like them so much only thing is you have to put up with dip ****s asking where your feet are lol

very warm with the thinsulate lining

Edited by hillkeeper