Time limit for 1-1 variations?

casts_by_fly

Hi guys,

Just wondering if you've heard this or not. I sent in my variation for a double 1-1. I had an HMR on my ticket that I sold 8 or so months ago and I have a 30-06 on my ticket. I asked to trade them for a new barrel for one of my guns and a moderator for the same. I figured since there was no increase in the number of holdings, it would be a free 1-1 variation for each.

I got a letter back today saying that they couldn't proceed without a 26 pound application fee. The reason was that I had sold my HMR too long ago to do a 1:1 variation on it. That was a new one for me. I thought it had to do with the number of slots allowed on your ticket. I'm going to give them a ring on monday, but I wanted to see if this is common or not and if it is a real rule or just a local policy.

Thanks

Rick

You ask for authority to own, ie rifle or mod.

You fill that slot before your ticket runs out.

When you sell your authority has expired.

1f1 variation is simply saying can I get another or something else please, as your original grant said ok a variation is fairly easy.

If you do not ask for a variation asap you show no good reason to want another rifle, mod whatever.

The £26 covers admin for a new grant of a slot.

You can disagree as much as you like but every time you think otherwise it will cost £26.

I'm timeing my sale, variation, for this very reason & I'm makeing sure of ammo stocks ready for any delay.