driven day last of the season

SPARKIE

Sounds like you all had a great day out, well done to all who took part.

Keep everyone informed if there is going to be another Shooting Day.

will keep all informed for next year, would be good to have another driven day at the start of the season and get a few more guys of here to come along!

Is wearing of camo really neccessary on a driven day?

I don't think so.

Did you read the thread before posting?

advertised a couple of weeks ago on here was a walked up shoot which i taken advantage offor the pricly sum of £75......well today was the day so up early to meet with game keeper and mubz and psyxologos at stafford when we got there it turned out to be a driven day great less walking for me

think we were all surprised when Mick said its a driven day insted!

I don't think so.

Nial.

I don't think so.

dont think it matters what people wear we wasnt shooting with prince charles was we. and as it was a walked up shoot until we got there and was told it was driven then yes camo was suitable

I agree .

Unless you have Musto money most tweed in the working mans price range is heavy and cumbersome especially when wet .I shot in my lightweight cammo jacket on my Beaters shoot for that reason .

Looks like you had a good day Martin :)

Daren,t tell you how many we bagged on our beaters day though .

will keep all informed for next year, would be good to have another driven day at the start of the season and get a few more guys of here to come along!

count me in mo :)

I don't think so.

YAWN!!!!!!! I do

It was an informal day, and booked as a walked up day :lol: Its a good job you didnt notice mubz wasnt wearing a belt :)

Mubz checked with the keeper and he said it was fine. and just for the record i was in advantage timber B)

Edited by richie76

I don't think so.

did you even read the post before posting? dont think so :) yes i agree on a formal driven day camo is a no but on an informal walked up day that terned into a driven day (courtesy of Mick the keeper) camo was perfectly fine.

count me in mo :)

YAWN!!!!!!! I do

It was an informal day, and booked as a walked up day :lol: Its a good job you didnt notice mubz wasnt wearing a belt B)

Mubz checked with the keeper and he said it was fine. and just for the record i was in advantage timber :lol:

hahah i will have to remember the belt next time lol! :)

I agree .

Unless you have Musto money most tweed in the working mans price range is heavy and cumbersome especially when wet .I shot in my lightweight cammo jacket on my Beaters shoot for that reason .

Looks like you had a good day Martin :blink:

Daren,t tell you how many we bagged on our beaters day though .

yes was a good day ive

come on then spill the beans how many did ya get on ya beaters day m8ty

I assume that was 10 walking 10 standing

Either way, that is one hell of a thank you shoot, that amount of birds driven would cost circa 10k down here.

They have 2 days where I beat, a 100 bird or so driven day with a meal for the A team and 50 bird or so walk and stand for the rest of us part timers.

But we do get £25 a day thoughout the season, some shoots don't pay and have bigger/better keepers days.

You are correct Stuart

We were divided into 2 teams and had it not been for the incident at Catton we would have had back guns on the drives as well meaning more birds.

Rates on this shoot I believe are £28 +vat per bird so similar and we get £15 and well fed .

You would not believe the amount of birds still left .This shoot throughout the season is on every wednesday and saturday and could easily handle a 500 bird day for every one of them .Having a wild guess I would say the average numbers throughout the season was around 250 :yes:

Their out of season business is supply birds to other shoots btw :blush:

Apologies for hi jacking your thread Martin