New model Range Rover........

Deako

Went into the local dealers today to have a minor problem sorted on the Disco, and had a look at the new Rangie.......oh dear, what a superb bit of new pigeon shooting kit!...........Cranfield, pleeeeeease lend me £65,000, I've got to have one!  ;)

When I was looking for my "fishing/shooting wagon", I checked out the Land Rover/Range Rovers, Jeeps, Shoguns etc and was very disappointed with the cargo room in them all.

The nearest I got was the Jeep Cherokee LWB and that would have meant having a couple of seats out of the back of it, for most of the time. As I pointed out to the Salesman, that made it a "van" and I didn,t want a "van". :)

I,m quite happy with my Subaru. I don,t go "off road" in the mountaineering sense and the 4WD gets me out of any difficulties I have encountered so far. :(

Deako, comfort yourself in the knowledge that no vehicle built is worth that kind of money.

Most cheaper ones go "Vroom, vroom" and will get you from A to B quite nicely.

My sense of decency forbids me telling you the type of people they make those vehicles for. ;)

It seems such a shame to spend £65,000 on a car that will spend most of it's life going back to the dealer for recalls.....

;) If you want a good work horse which WILL go off-road

regularly, with no problems, why not try an ISUZU TROOPER?

:( A great car with an excellant back-up of parts and service..... :)  :D

After reading everyones comments, I,ve decided not to buy a new Range Rover. I'm glad I found out in time. Wouldn,t want people to think ill of me, driving such a vehicle.

No, I'll stick to the Rolls.  8)

• 3 weeks later...

I will stick with my old ex BT series 3 landrover. The lads & I just resprayed it from the usual BT Grey to Green. Looks too good to get muddy now. I will send a photo to William and he can show as it is on my hard drive.

I used to have an old suzuki 410 the only thing the that was left of it when I disposed of it was the tyres and the light lens. The rust got the rest of it. Great thing off road though very light and did not cause damage to soft ground. I did not like the size inside either espesially if you had a large shooting companion you felt if you were sitting on thier lap. Also the track width was a bit of a problem if there were tractor ruts in the field you could only get one tyre into them I very nearly tipped the thing over a couple of times. ;)  8)

Old Land Rovers are fairly easy to get hold of, the Autotrader mag is a good place to start. I paid £1800 for mine 3 1/2 years ago with only 68K miles on it. Its cheap to repair also, I get all my parts from Paddock Spares down in Englandshire, they are cheap and quick. Check them out

Land Rover Spares

Example if you are as rough to break a spring well £24 wont break the bank Heavy duty shockers were only £13 each. I own the Land Rover but all the repairs are split 3 ways along with the Road Tax & Insurance it makes it afforadable for all and all 3 of us can use it if and when they want to.