8mm Vhs Playing cassette

new to the flock

2nd generation video recording ...right after the big vhs recorders they came out with 8mm recorders. You could place the 8mm cassette inside a special vhs cassette and play them on your VCR. I have a bunch of these 8 mm tapes some are family shots of the boys growning up etc, which I could have commercially tranfered to DVD. Others are teaching tapes some from University courses others are training tapes these I can not have transfered do to copy write law.

I am looking for one of the VHS cassets that these 8mm tapes fit in to buy or to borrow long enough to transfer my stuff to VHS so I can transfer it to DVD can anyone help out?

NTTF

I have the cassett adapter thingy for the small VHS tapes.

It is the normal VHS tape just in a smaller case and it

belongs to a JVC camcorder. It is not the Sonny version

that one is different.

But the the problem is in the logistics.

I Live in the UK and you live in Canada!!

I do not mind lending it to you but I do use it myself

because I still use the camcorder.

Have you thought of opening the tapes up and putting the

reels into a larger VHS cassett. The inards are the same and it

should be simple enough.

If you want the adapter thingy PM me.

taz.

2nd generation video recording ...right after the big vhs recorders they came out with 8mm recorders. You could place the 8mm cassette inside a special vhs cassette and play them on your VCR. I have a bunch of these 8 mm tapes some are family shots of the boys growning up etc, which I could have commercially tranfered to DVD. Others are teaching tapes some from University courses others are training tapes these I can not have transfered do to copy write law.

I am looking for one of the VHS cassets that these 8mm tapes fit in to buy or to borrow long enough to transfer my stuff to VHS so I can transfer it to DVD can anyone help out?

NTTF

Hello NTTF

not what you are wanting to hear but look at this site.

http://hometheater.about.com/cs/vcrs/a/aa8mmtovhsa.htm

It states that the 8mm in not compatible with the VHS.

Cheers taz.