lake Monticello

LeeinVA

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a busy, crowded area you live in.

I'm not jealous at all, especially not since our Dear Leader has stated we must build 3 million new homes in the UK.

Got any jobs going?

As long as they are all darn sarth and they leave us alone in the "grim" north I ain't bothered as for your place Lee I admit to being a "tad" envious.

KW

i enjoy posting this stuff in hopes y'all might do the same ??? I enjoy hearing what y'all lads have to say.. My friends hear about you fine gents often.. Anyway, the area i live in is gated so you might say we have our own private lake.. The population at the lake is approx. 12,000 give of take.. We have strip malls out side the 5 gates and our own police force.. Good bunch of lads that spend a lot of time with me at the Marina when i am Catfishing in the wee hours ??? The funny thing is the next nearest town is 20 miles away..

Very nice Lee, looks like a very nice place.

It's always amazed me how you yanks can make a road, not even our motorways are that flawless.

by the way, our lake is bigger :yes:

lough neigh

Wfm_lough_neagh.jpg

The sad bit is we dont have a large prehistoric reptile living in our lake ??? I did see Elvis water skiing though ???

Over to the right, is Belfast, the capital city. Bottom right, you've got lurgan, to its left is Craigavon.

Moira's too small to be seen, but all of thse grey marks are the larger towns.

The lough is roughly twenty miles by 10 miles, but it only has an average depth of 9m (apparently)

O, and the white bits are clouds, but its northern ireland, so it's to be expected ???

edit- just found this

LoughNeaghandenvirons.png

Edited by shot shot

Over to the right, is Belfast, the capital city. Bottom right, you've got lurgan, to its left is Craigavon.

Moira's too small to be seen, but all of thse grey marks are the larger towns.

The lough is roughly twenty miles by 10 miles, but it only has an average depth of 9m (apparently)

O, and the white bits are clouds, but its northern ireland, so it's to be expected ???

edit- just found this

LoughNeaghandenvirons.png

I dont see an Leprechauns ???

Looking good LeeinVA.

How big does the Bass get in your lake there?, my biggest (large mouth) is 4.37kg not sure what that is in pounds

And i have no idea what the hell the a Kilo Gram is in conversion? Perhaps one of you more astute lads may lend a hand ??? An average bass will go about 12 pounds, but our Blue cats go round 20 on average ???

I went on a weight converter and it tells me, it`s 9.63 pounds.

So they are are getting up to good size over there.

It is warm most of the year? Though this year has been cold.. But the first week in April we are swimming and some years March.. By June the lake feels like bath water..

It looks somewhat like a wide mouthed version of our wrasse.

wrasse

thats not me btw, the ones I catch are usually somewhat smaller ???

Correct young Mr. Shot.. These are large mouth Bass, we fish for small mouth in the rivers.. This summer i will post pictures of my wife and I frog gigging ???