The Essex Masters Booking Thread

Mungler

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cat, I was checking for your Southdown result in the 'How did you get on today' thread. It isn't there!? :hmm::lol:

C'mon, how'd you do? I went with a target of 100/120, but failed miserably. :good: Stands 2 and 3 kicking my *** quite nicely, ending up on 84/120.

I got off to a bad start, and never recovered, all I know was my score was in the 90's, couldn't count it properly owing to the tears in my eyes..!! :lol:

As you know I shot round with Cheryl Hall and a few others, she shot won it comfortably with an absolutely stunning 116, even Digweed could only do a 109. :look:

We stopped off at the Horne on the way back, scraped an 89 ex 100 there, (so did Cheryl), but there was a 100 straight and four 98's already posted..!! :angry:

Cat.

Bladdy hell !! 116 :good: I didn't recognise anyone you were with in the clubhouse, it must have been pretty amazing to watch! :angry:

90s is good though, not that far behind King George. Is it just me, or have you noticed that he's not winning very much these days and his scores are dipping? :look:

You sound in fine form for the weekend, despite your protestations to the contrary. :lol:

Yes, not only is Cheryl the best Lady Sporting shooter in probably the whole World currently, she can also beat all of the blokes when she is on form, quite extraordinary.

She has an unorthodox style, minimum swing and gun movement, a bit like Faulds, it's up, bang bang, "pair killed".

She's shooting the Essex Masters with us on Sunday morning, stand by for a big score from her.

For the record, she shoots a Gamba Daytona Sporter, (just like mine..!! :good: ) and uses Hull Sovereign FITASC 8's with the occasional 6.5 on very long edge on stuff.

Digweed is certainly not having everything his own way this year, she beat him by 5 birds at Southdown last week and 7 birds this week, mind you he's still very much a force to be reckoned with, he won the GB FITASC selection shoot at Lakenheath on Sunday with a 95.

I'm still aiming for a 170 plus on Sunday, if I don't do it, it won't be through lack of effort..!! :angry:

Cat.

Uh ho... I'm sensing a little infatuation from you Cat :good: You love Cheryl Hall ! Right, I'm spreading that around all the forums immediately! You've changed your gun to be like hers already, next you'll be wearing the same brand lipstick and knickers! :lol: You're already stalking her. :angry:

170 sounds doable for you actually. From the birds that were presented at the FITASC shoot there recently I'd say you were on for a great result. They only got to be a bit urine-taking hard from the 3rd stand on each layout. Even I'd be confident of a result with those targets.

I'm gonna stick my gonads on the block and say that I'm looking for 160 on Saturday. :look:

The only option for a cafe is the one we went to last year, from what I remember it wasn't that great but it was about 3000% better than the burger van at Hepworth Hall.

Unless anyone has a better idea then I was planning on meeting there at 8AM for a full english.

Uh ho... I'm sensing a little infatuation from you Cat :good: You love Cheryl Hall ! Right, I'm spreading that around all the forums immediately! You've changed your gun to be like hers already, next you'll be wearing the same brand lipstick and knickers! :lol: You're already stalking her. :angry:

170 sounds doable for you actually. From the birds that were presented at the FITASC shoot there recently I'd say you were on for a great result. They only got to be a bit urine-taking hard from the 3rd stand on each layout. Even I'd be confident of a result with those targets.

I'm gonna stick my gonads on the block and say that I'm looking for 160 on Saturday. :lol:

He was wearing those before she was! :look: :hmm:

Peter,

I hope you do a 160 on saturday but if you didn't shoot JJ's very well you are in for a rude awakening.

The only option for a cafe is the one we went to last year, from what I remember it wasn't that great but it was about 3000% better than the burger van at Hepworth Hall.

Unless anyone has a better idea then I was planning on meeting there at 8AM for a full english.

Sounds good to me. :good:

What's the name/location of this cafe?

Funnily enough it is called the Halstead Cafe

62 High St

Halstead, CO9 2JG

You can normally park on the road either side just up the hill from the cafe or if you continue down the hill and round to the right there is a car park behind the shops.

I hope you do a 160 on saturday but if you didn't shoot JJ's very well you are in for a rude awakening.

I'm an eternal optimist. :good: My last JJ's result was 78%, and the Southdown shoot ended up at 70% after a couple of bad stands but nearly 80% before that. So I'm not that far off. My other results in the last 4 weeks have been 86% and 90% at Kibworth and Doveridge.

I have a plan though :angry:

next you'll be wearing the same brand lipstick and knickers! :look: You're already stalking her. :angry:

I'm gonna stick my gonads on the block and say that I'm looking for 160 on Saturday. :hmm:

Hey Pete, I thought we agreed you'd keep quiet on that one, even though we're both size 16..?? :lol:

As for you shooting a 160 on Saturday, you've got more chance of seeing MC ordering a WeightWatchers brekkie in the Halstead cafe on Saturday morning than you shooting a 160 on your current form..!! :good:

Good luck guys, shoot well, all the scores, (good and bad) will be posted on here Sunday evening.

Cat.

I should cocoa :angry:

I'd have preferred the promised lobster thermidore for breakfast :good: but full english will suffice. A man can't do all that missing clays on an empty stomach :look:

All this talk of 160s and 170s :lol: I'd be happy with 120 :hmm:

Hey Pete, I thought we agreed you'd keep quiet on that one, even though we're both size 16..?? :angry:

As for you shooting a 160 on Saturday, you've got more chance of seeing MC ordering a WeightWatchers brekkie in the Halstead cafe on Saturday morning than you shooting a 160 on your current form..!! :good:

Good luck guys, shoot well, all the scores, (good and bad) will be posted on here Sunday evening.

Cat.

I think on current form our own resident england has been will struggle to shoot a 160 as well. Mind you he has had a new gun and haircut. Not to mention the weather making it 10 birds harder whenever he shoots.

Chard,

You can have lobster thermidore for breakfast if you want, but If I cook it you WILL eat it.

Edited by MC

I think on current form our own resident england has been will struggle to shoot a 160 as well. Mind you he has had a new gun and haircut. Not to mention the weather making it 10 birds harder whenever he shoots.

That's true. His Southdown at the weekend result was only 79% so that will mean a potential 158/200. :good:

:good: Im with you chard, I average between 70-94% on local shoots but am Under no illusion how hard saturday is going to be, Id like 130 but well see........................Most of all.....im going to enjoy myself with some good mates!!!! :look:

:lol: Yes, I scrape 75-84% at Worsley, which isn't an easy ground, but of course I'm used to the targets. Take me away from Worsley and I fall apart :hmm:

I get between 70-82% at Catton Hall which are registered shoots, but that's about the extent of my experience. So I will be expecting 120, if I got 140, I'd fall over :angry:

I'm really looking forward to it, sounds like great company and a good experience for me :lol:

Edited by Chard