The Essex Masters Booking Thread

Mungler

You shot the Black layout twice? That's cheating! :blink: The lake is on the Red layout. I also started with a 4 on stand 1 and finished on a straight.

152 isn't as good as I was expecting from you, but a result that I'd have been over the moon to get.

What did your girlfriend get? :blush:(apart from a disappointing session in the sack with you)

Edited by Peter De La Mare

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Cat,

152 isn't bad for someone who is past it. Your name won't be on the trophy again this year.

I was nearest in the estimate for your score, the others seem to think you can shoot for some strange reason. Some of them even reckoned you would get a 165.

Still with the sun in your eyes and having a new gun and shooting alongside the girl of your dreams it must have taken its toll. Couple that with your age and there goes 48 birds.

Cat, no doubt you will be pleased to know that I managed a 79 on the black layout.

I am currently considering the level of berrating to dish to you given the whole "hay bales are rubbish" nonsense you have thus far been spouting.

I'll be back once I have had my tea.

Whilst I am only in my 3rd year of clay shooting, I shot well below my best and had expected Cat to have beaten me with a sore in the low 170's.

I only scored 68 on the red and 79 on the black layouts.

Cat beat me on the 100 bird red layout and I beat him on the 100 bird black layout.

Yes that's right, I beat Cat on the 100 bird black layout.

By my maths Cat beat me by 5 clays overall out of the 200 bird event.

All those years, all those miles, all those pounds in registered shoots and for 5 birds eh? :blush:

I shall continue plugging away in those unworthy haybale shoots (where 99.9% of all clay shooting occurs and occurs outside of the CPSA I would add) and I'll see you at the Essex Masters next year. That will give you plenty more time to perfect those excuses and get some more miles on the motor :good: :blink:

Edited by Mungler

I had no illusions about shooting a mega score at this event, I've shot it every year it's been run and I've never shot to my average of 85%, don't know why, just one of those things. :good:

All of my squad also shot below par, and there were no muppets there, so it wasn't just me having a bad day at the office.

I'm really pleased Carl Bloxham won it, he's a good friend and a true sportsman, as is Dave Hughes, the guy who came second, I'm to have shot with both of them in International events.

Mung did very well for a self confessed newbie, :blush: keep going Matey, get booked in for the Grand Masters at Southdown, and let's make it a bit more interesting by having a few bob in the kitty to win this time, on your current form you're bound to whoop my rear end, so you could walk away with some money as well as the kudos of having beaten the Catmeister..? :blink:

Cat.

On your current form you're bound to whoop my rear end, so you could walk away with some money as well as the kudos of having beaten the Catmeister..? :blush:

Cat.

Nah, already done that now (coughs) 100 bird black layout (coughs) :blink:

I think the reason plenty struggle on the Masters is because it is all new and fresh - there is nothing there that might have been shot at before - not like your Southdowns or established grounds where the regulars know what to expect.

It's probably why Diggy and Faulds failed to get any silverware.

After all this backslapping and ball twisting, I have to glance back at page 7 of this thread and say hats orf to Claybuster :blush:

Bit of a dark horse there :

"Shot 87 on the first round and missed 7 on two stands at the bottom fast driven midi & standard simo. I was first on & made a complete balls up of it with 4 away. shot it after and straighted it. Shot 81 on the Red course but you need to be careful not to over lead quite a few of the birds. Excellent shoot though."

I make that a cool 168 and top banana for PW

Very nice shooting, chap :blink:

Cracking day all round, thanks chaps. My score, although low, was a pleasing 42% improvement on last years efford - so at that rate, I should win it in 5 - 6 years time! :blush:

And even got home in time to see the Blues fist the Gooners, too.

Top Banana...

Lefty