Manually operated flappers.

Cranfield

thanks lads.

lazza, I had looked at the Avalon website and thought that £23+ was a bit expensive.

I,m sure they must be available cheaper, but I could just be out of touch on the prices. ;)

Hammergun, I can,t find the flapper on the "robertthorne" website and I,m not sure the "flapper" on the "woodland" website is the "cradle for a dead bird" type flapper, I think it may be a full bodied decoy.

They must be out there somewhere.

I have just been looking through sporting gun 2002 page 10 by peter theobald.He talks about a man called laurie ness who apparently invented the string pulled flapper.He goes on to say laurie can supply two peckers,two dead bird cradles and a flapper all for £50.00 his contact details are-laurie ness tel-01227 721501.hope this helps fabio.

Regards sean. ;)

I looked in my local gun shop and they had flappers for £15.95.  They are actually made in Italy, by Plasport, and so maybe you should look closer to home!

Are you after a dead bird flapper.  If so, let me know and I'll look for some more suppliers (or instructions for making them).  I will probably buy one for myself anyway.

Fabio - as you are outside the UK, you won't have to pay VAT (sales tax).

Hello Hammergun & Cranfield & others , I am trying to get familiar with the flapper , so I am interested in both manual & battery operated and you are helping very much.

Also tryied to locate through the net in Italy the Plasport company who manufacture the flappers that Hammergun found in his local shop , but could not.

Anyway if I can get them in the UK thats ok .

If someone happens to check them please let me know your opinion.

Thanks

Fabio

Fabio, the slight confusion is because there are various types of flappers.

1] A manual flapper of wire construction upon which you place a dead pigeon. by pulling and releasing a cord, you can open and shut the wings.

2] An electric flapper, battery operated made of wire upon which you place a dead pigeon, by pressing and releasing a button ,you can open and shut the wings.

3] An electric flapper, battery operated, full bodied plastic decoy with "hinged" wings, which open and shut when the button is pressed and released.

4] I believe there is also a manual version of No 3].

I am assuming you are interested in Nos. 1 and 2 above.

No2 is available for between £40-50.

No1 is the £15+ type, that hammergun has found.

Which one specifically, do you want to try ?

Fabio, the slight confusion is because there are various types of flappers.

1] A manual flapper of wire construction upon which you place a dead pigeon. by pulling and releasing a cord, you can open and shut the wings.

2] An electric flapper, battery operated made of wire upon which you place a dead pigeon, by pressing and releasing a button ,you can open and shut the wings.

3] An electric flapper, battery operated, full bodied plastic decoy with "hinged" wings, which open and shut when the button is pressed and released.

4] I believe there is also a manual version of No 3].

I am assuming you are interested in Nos. 1 and 2 above.

No2 is available for between £40-50.

No1 is the £15+ type, that hammergun has found.

Which one specifically, do you want to try ?

Hello Cranfield , I am still getting used to check the forum therefore I didn't see your post until today.

The flapper I would be interested is #1 and #2.

Thanks

Hello fabio.To try to save you anymore confusion the sportplast decoys are either full bodied or shells,(flapping model is full bodied plastic decoy).If you want a string pulled model i personally would go for the full bodied plastic flapper.But if you want a battery powered one look no further than the one shown on lazza and deakos site.I have one of these and they are superb and well worth the extra cash.You may find that the site is unavailable at the moment due to an update.www.##############.

Regards sean. ;)