Beretta World Sporting / Club Beretta Shoot

Jim682e

Anyone taking part in this years Beretta world Sporting Championship or Club Beretta Shoot on the 3rd,4th,5th July at Meon Springs Hampshire? This will be my first time taking part and wondered if any P W members would be taking part, If so would any one like to meet up at the event as I'm going alone (Billy no mates). :good:

Jim

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Fraid I won't be doing it, I shot it a couple of years back at Meon Springs, a very ordinary layout in a very ordinary "flat field" setting, just couldn't get excited about any of the targets, (and you won't find a more loyal Beretta user than me..!! :lol: ).

This event used to be held at Roundwood SG near Basingstoke, a really good ground with very testing targets, which always attracted a good contingent of shooters from all over the World, anybody who was anybody in the clay shooting scene was there.

They don't bother coming now that they've moved it from Roundwood, there are far better shoots to spend their money on. :P

Cat.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A good day.

The organisation of the shoot was really poor though, catering was absolute poo, the pool shoot and practice 50 birder didn't start anywhere near on time so didn't get to try those.

I ended up on 87/120 after a good start. I was kicking Beretta's *** for a few stands. :lol: Didn't last long though and he soon got in his stride and started straighting everything with lots of inkballs on the way. :P

I got used to the semi-auto fairly quickly and found it wasn't such a massive drop in social standing after all. I still have bogey birds that I need to work on, but overall I'm almost statisfied with the result. I wanted 90, but stand 12 (very hard) put paid to that.

The journey back was an absolute disaster. Took 90 mins to do the 100 mile inward journey, but 4.5 hours to go back!! Lorry had overturned on the A3, that was 1.5 hours, then that put us right in the middle of the M25 rush hour, 'nuff said.

Meon Springs is ok. It's a flat field shoot as Cat said. I won't rush back there, the targets were quite strawbale like with a few interesting ones thrown in. There were a LOT of no birds and a bit of queuing here and there, 3 squads deep. Got a free Beretta hat, cloth badge and key ring in the goody bag along with loads of brochures for the sponsors.

I think it was 103.

Not a bad result at all I think. I don't get to gloat much, so allow me this brief indulgence....... on the 'hard' stand I got 5/8 same as Beretta! :P:)

I also lost loads of stupid birds, same as the Essex club shoot, dropping the last bird of a straight!! Did that at least 4 times in 15 stands. :P:lol:

I think it was 103.

Not a bad result at all I think. I don't get to gloat much, so allow me this brief indulgence....... on the 'hard' stand I got 5/8 same as Beretta! :P:sly:

I also lost loads of stupid birds, same as the Essex club shoot, dropping the last bird of a straight!! Did that at least 4 times in 15 stands. :P:lol:

86% - he won't be very happy with that :):D:D