Shooting Clips from the USA II

SgP DK

"The Capercallie is a evil looking bird. The scope on the guys rifle had been knock in a tree so it didn´t shoot very well. He changes gun after the first shot and the Capercallie still sits still. Asleep due to the dogs barking. (Sorry have no english name for what the dogs breed i called.)"

Sounds like they shoot game with rifles... Sleeping game... And there's a swan hunt in there too. I guess yanks just see the world differently!

"The Capercallie is a evil looking bird. The scope on the guys rifle had been knock in a tree so it didn´t shoot very well. He changes gun after the first shot and the Capercallie still sits still. Asleep due to the dogs barking. (Sorry have no english name for what the dogs breed i called.)"

Sounds like they shoot game with rifles... Sleeping game... And there's a swan hunt in there too. I guess yanks just see the world differently!

Not douting what you say but how do you know he knocked his scope out of sight.

The way i watched the video was:-

Yank that can't control his noisey dog aims at bird with rifle and misses, so pulls out the shotgun, with a scope mounted on it :D and takes another shot :devil: :o

Right click, save

here in canada you can't shoot those turkeys with a rifle and second that guys says

it was a sleep . the turkeys won't sleep on ground level unless it's a hen in nesting

season.but don't be fooled those birds are tough to hunt and by no ways are they a stupid bird.As I hunt this birds each spring and the later in the season the smarter they get. :devil:

the males get very aggressive in the spring and they can and will attack a jake decoy or even try to mount the hen decoy.I had that happen 2 years ago and he climb right on top of my hen decoy so I loaded the ****** with a #4 shot.

In most States in the USA , you are not permitted to shoot turkeys with a rifle (licensed pest control only) and it is illegal to shoot birds "on the roost".

Deer and bear can humanely be shot with bows (which are extremely powerful).

Remember, the shot is usually taken from a tree stand and at less that 35 ft range.

The shot animal can travel a short distance before collapsing, stone dead.

I believe this happens to animals shot by rifles, on occasion.

A well placed arrow can kill very quickly..keyword being "WELL placed" :) Here in my state (Florida), you can use a rifle to shoot turkeys. During general gun season, when the fall turkey season coincides with it, you can use any firearm to shoot one. During Spring turkey season in many management areas you can use a shotgun or rimfire rifle.

Edited by Crowblaster