Applying for a FAC

Shabbyshot

I have been thinking of applying for my FAC and would like your help and guidence. I have a SGC but have now considered getting a rifle. I would like some help on what I may need to fill in on the application and also what rifles are availabe, a full range of calibres and variants for the UK (maybe a link to a website) Your advice on a rifle would be appreciated but I would aslo like to do some research of my own.

I have permission on about 200 acres of farmland in Kent some flat but mainly unjulating hills, vallys and so on. My dad also owns a couple of acres which my uncle keeps some livestock on.

I would mainly need the rifle for Rabbits, Rats and Foxes.

I don't know much on what rifles are avaliabe and what rifle I may need but I should explain now that I have shot rifles from 22 to 762 so its not as if I have never handled a rifle before. I just need your advice on what to apply for.

SS

Kent police are pretty good with Initial grants, they aren`t too bothered about calibres so long as you have the land or the facilities, the one thing they do oppose is multiples of the same calibre. Hope this helps. i went with 0.17hmr 0.22lr 0.223 (all those are land and target club) and .308 for military range. try to get at least 3 or 4 on your ticket so you have something spare to swap over. Have a chat with your FEO and he will point you as to what should be granted they are all to happy to help and know the system better than anyone.