Shooting in East Yorkshire

studlee

Hi Guys,

Well i have got shooting permission over 3 rape fields in East Yorkshire. One of the fields is constantly been 'hammered' by pigeon and crow. I only have a .22 sub 12ft rifle and am very very very very novice and with this having very little experience, so by offering a days shoot gives you guys a good day and me the much much needed experience :welcomeani:

So I’m looking for someone (unfortunately just 'one person' at present) the reason for this is the permission is new and want to ease in gently......

I also have permission over 4 field, 3 of cereals and one of rape that again seems quite active......in this field there seems to be a few 'rabbit warrens' and therefore a nights rabbiting might be possible.....again not been rabbiting before so would be a great opportunity :o

I have yet cleared this with the farmer so this is subject to him giving me the thumbs up :o

If you are interested and live local just let me know......

Hi guys just to let you know that the farmer is not fussed with whats used on the land its just with me using an air rifle it would have been great to have someone with a air rifle too.......

But there is no limits to whats used on the land........well a nail bomb would not go down too well :lol:

Hi Steve (or i take it you are called steve) i dont shoot air rifles either......shotgun and rifles my permission covers quite a large area from burstwick through to wyton where abouts do you shoot?

Off out lamping shortly...not quite as wild as last night :good:

i maybe intruding on this post but if at all possible sometime i could do with a refresher course as such when i get my gun.

Ive got permission on a bit of land and know plenty of farmers in my line of work so theres room for more.

I dont want to stand on toes but just thought we could help each other out.

Hi Nats/Ben,

My permission is on land between Aldbrough, Cowden, Hornsea and Withernwick spread over 4 farms.

Ben, what do you want a refresher on? Do you ever go to Brandesburton to shoot clays?

If it's gun handling/shooting in general I could meet you there, I'm usually there on a Sunday morning. If it's fieldcraft/ decoying, I'm no expert but could meet up and help.

I know Sproatley quite well, I grew up in New Ellerby and had a lot of school friends there.

Cheers

Gun handling/shooting in general really as its been about 8 years since i last fired a shot. Never shot clays but was going to go once ived saved some pennys for gun. Only ever did a small amount of pigeon shooting so im a novice in field craft as well, but one step at a time really.

Yeah a meet would be helpful sometime.

Ive lived in Sproatley nearly all my life (21 Years), Are you from a farming background Steve?

Hi, I don't live on a farm but spent plenty of time on farms, when are you planning on getting a gun?

If it's in the near future I could meet up at Brands next time I'm there and give you some pointers, even if you don't have a gun yet you could use one of mine or borrow one at Brandesburton. If you fancy that I'll let you know the next time I'm going. Have you got some land to shoot on when you get your gun?

It ll be a couple of months before i buy my gun as i have my holiday to pay off first.

Yeah that sounds great i dont mind borrowing a gun ill pm you my number, ill just have to check about work as i sometimes work on the weekend.

Got a couple of bits of land that i have permission to shoot on just looking for a bit now with some rabbits.