I got a pass for Saturday

rb5037

:D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

As you guys know i've just become a Daddy!!! and before that i was putting in a new kitchen at home that went on for ages, so getting out shooting has been hard.

I get fridays off and work the saturday, anyway clare decided to stay at her mum and dads tonight as i'm working tomorrow.

Well ;);) coz i'm the boss (at work ;) ) i've decided to pull a sicky and go shooting :D :D :D:lol::D :D :D :D :D

Wish me luck, on the weather at least.

Adam

Hope you have a good day,i had planned to go.On monday my wife was doing some decorating (she loves it) and fell off the ladder landing onto a 3pin plug.Which went straight into the bottom of her foot (all 3 prongs right up to the plastic) so im on house work dutys :D .My brother is going so hopefuly he will bag up. ;):D

Right! I'm back, before 4pm so as you can tell........I had a **** day :D

1 Crow and :*)

What's just made it worse, the keeper has just this minuite phoned me to see where i was. He was in the same area i just left and phoned me to say flocks of 50-250 woodies were coming into the rape.

Well that's just made my day ;):D

Well, I went donw to the rape field mentioned above yesterday afternoon.

As Aaron said, the pigeons were flying into the rape in there hundreds. I waited for them to fly off and set up a hide near that position, and waited.

10 mins later they started to come in, bloody hundreds of them, problem was they were landing about 600 yards away.

When they had been down for 2/3 mins i let off a shoot and off they went again back to the woods.

10 mins later they came back, and still too far away, so off goes another shot.

This went on for about an hour or so.

I think i'm going to have to invest in a pigeon magnet, had decoys in the field but a magnet would have brought them right in.

Agh well, as Rob said "a bad days shooting is better than a good days work" and as i pulled another sicky yesterday afternoon i shuoldn't be complaining B)

What rotory pigeon decoy unit is recomemded? Lighter the better, but able to take some abuse :)

Adam

Better luck next time Rb..........

P.s I know how you feel mate, ....my full days shooting usually cost me a days shopping in Meadow Hall!!!!!!!!! ......I do manage to odd sly one from time to time ........................" I dont want to go love................but the keepers told me I have to go..........and he'd be really mad if I didnt turn up........." :) B)

Paul in North Lincs

I think i'm going to have to invest in a pigeon magnet, had decoys in the field but a magnet would have brought them right in.

Adam,

What you describe about the birds going to the other end of the field is exactly what I have been exeriencing lately. Unlike you though I was also using a magnet. B)

Please don't presume that a rotor will cause the birds to magically appear in your decoy pattern every time. Some days they work, others they don't.

I have tried the rotor in and out of the pattern, on days as above, with mixed results.

By all means invest in a rotor, but they don't work all the time, every time.

B)

P.S. If you get a rotor and they still go to the other end of the field, put the rotor there with two white feed bags on it. They don't like that sort of decoy !! :)

I've just pm Deako for some info on magnet, flapers and crow bits.

I know sometimes they work and sometimes they don't but if you haven't got them it's a pain when you think "if only i could try..........?)

Waiting for the reply :)

It'll be like Xmas for me B)

Adam

I ment like xmas for opening prezzies, but you may have a point B)

Going to advise clare she should stay at her mums next thursday night coz i got a cold coming on and don't want Ethan to catch it. (wink wink)

I'll tell her fresh air friday should sort it, so i'll go for a wonder round my fields for the day :) while she goes shopping with her mum B)

I've just pm Deako for some info on magnet, flapers and crow bits.

I know sometimes they work and sometimes they don't but if you haven't got them it's a pain when you think "if only i could try..........?)

Waiting for the reply :)

It'll be like Xmas for me B)

Adam

www.ukshootwarehouse.com has got a deal on at the moment of a flapper and magnet for £99

oh god,i typed in shootwarehouse.com. DO NOT DO IT I REPEAT DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AS I DID. B)

if deako can offer a simmilar price i too would rather my money went his way

At the end of the day, cheaper isn't always better.

I had a sign in the office saying something like:

"good advice can be expensive, but poor advice can cost you more"

Goes the same towards quality :)

Adam,

Going to send you another PM in a bit...I've deleted the other one! :lol:

digger,

Sadly we can't match the Shooters Discount Warehouse prices. ???

We have always focussed on top quality before everything else, which usually means hand made, in the UK. As you can imagine, this does make things a lot more expensive, but we get very, very few returns as a result.

Anyway, theres lots of companies to choose from, but a big THANKS to those who choose US! :/

Deako. :D