your motor

johndeerejoe

How good are your metalwork skills?

You could by a cheap Frontera B model and hack the last third of the body away. Then you would get a comfy 4x4 with leather seats, low ratio, back seats, good economy _and_ a nice shooting platform.

it would be individual too!

This is mine done quite a few bits to it to suit my needs. one thing well worth doing was getting the ifor williams canopy powder coated, difficult to get a colour match but certainly better than silver. Also the tree sliders and body sliders are worth putting on for those tight places.

post-7404-1234879390.jpg

if your only looking for a shooting wagon and offroading is important then i would suggest a defender 90, other wise if you need to use it for work and alot of road work as well then i suggest a freelander. very capable offroad and good on road. i have a swb commercial which has no back seats, dog guard, and the back roof comes off which can be put to good use as a shooting platform.

also with good mpg it is a very economical shooting wagon.

The best truck for shooting by far is the Toyota Hilux Pickup mk3, i have had them all, heres mine

FoxingTruck.jpg

kitted out for Fox Shooting to suit my needs its 18 years young, and i challenge anyone with a road legal 4 x 4, to go up against mine the only things it cant do are FLY or SWIM.

Regards Jimmy

can it read?

I have a Mk4 great old truck!

Are the bunnies armed around your way then - lol

Shotgun for me, not a bad old truck, not got stuck yet, leather, aircon massive sunroof that enables person in the back to act like a tank commander and have an all round elevated shooting position and the gun fits in the wing mirror - down side 20mpg

Shogun3.jpg

Edited by adymorris

Rather depends on what you need it for.

Bought a Mitsubishi L200 4Life 2003 just over a year ago and very impressed.

Have used it seriously off road and it is extremely capable, although tyres are the critical bit there.

Transported pigs in the back.

Done some towing.

Also drove it 790 miles each way to Sutherland and back last Sept with shedloads of stuff in it.

Extremely versatile bit of kit, but guess same as other Jap trucks?

Just need to think about what range you will use it for, how much offroad, any towing, will you shoot from it, how much live or dead stuff will you chuck in the back, and how messy will that be?

More I think about it the more the L200 might be the best car I have ever owned.....

M

watch the cylinder head the 2003's are famous for failure, having said that my 2001 has had a new head. Cracking trucks though good mix of economy and pretty capable on and off road with the right tyres.

Yikes. Don't spoil my day!

Thanks for the tip-off, I'm not very mechanicallly minded but the truck has done about 55,000 miles and I have it properly looked after.

Fingers crossed....

M

PS Would still get one!

Hi,

I have a 1999 XEDI Freelander with General Grabber AT2 tyres, I have not got stuck in it yet. My wife uses it for work and I take it when shooting. I can fit all the gear I need in the back no prob. I can even fit my promatic superhawk and clays in the back when diy clay shooting. I would not go for the petrol one unless you know the history due to head problems. If I go lamping I take the sunroof out with the passenger seat fully forward. This allows some one to stand up with a secure base for mobile shooting. I hope this helps!!!

Agent36