Suzuki

james_roe

I have a Jimny and it is excellent off-road, even with road tyres I rarely need to engage 4wd. It is a light vehicle and as mentioned doesn`t have too much room, however that said I can manage 30+ goose shell deeks/hide/guns/bags with the back seats down. The version I have (55) the seats only fold once, not like the earlier style which double fold to give a flatter base and I have just built a platform to put the gear/dog cage on.

38mpg if used sensibly and fairly cheap insurance.

cheers fellas:)

dont think the suzuki dealership wud approve of me carrying out an offroad test!

Why not, i test drove two GVs and gave them back up to the windows in mud. They never batted an eyelid. Although now i've bought one they only give me a swift as a courtesty car when mines in for service.......

• 2 weeks later...

im using the wifes vitara jlx but with the dog cage in the back theres just enough room for my decoy bag and gun, god knows where the pigeons will go...

im thinking about getting the landie road worthy and selling both and getting a nissan terrano lwb

I bought one last year, removed the back seats and fitted a sheet of MDF, takes all my shooting gear - Just.

Got a set of General Grabber AT2 tyres fitted.

She is great off road, never been stuck and I have driven through some seriously mudy fields.

Edited by seisobs

I stripped mine out completely and boarded it all out and painted it so it can be swilled out when it get's messy without making all the wood damp. removed rear seats and everything..carpets, rear belts the lot.

Thats a great job you done there!

Reminds me of the days I used to box up peoples boots for amplifiers and speakers etc....!

I stripped mine out completely and boarded it all out and painted it so it can be swilled out when it get's messy without making all the wood damp. removed rear seats and everything..carpets, rear belts the lot.

surely the bucket seats are a tad uncomfortable for off road?? :rolleyes:

:ninja:

surely the bucket seats are a tad uncomfortable for off road?? :rolleyes:

:ninja:

Nah, completely the opposite. Hold you firm and secure instead of bouncing you all over the place. We fitted those initially as it was going to be used for some trials but gave up on that idea. It's used just as a lamping motor now.

I have had Jimnys for 5 years. The present one is not modded up (yet) and I have only got it stuck once, pilot error i'm afraid. They are brilliant, I have a removable box in the back of mine which will take a good fallow stag. If I take the dog pigeon shooting, it goes in the crate in the back and my big sack with seat, poles, nets and deeks sits in the front passenger footwell and dosn't quite block all my sideways vision.

Regards, ft

cheers fellas:)

dont think the suzuki dealership wud approve of me carrying out an offroad test!

if you're spending the money you do what the hell you like on the test drive!

they sure as hell wont take it back if you return in 6 weeks and say "its no good off road"

! :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...