'Pest & Predator' controller

Nashty

Thanks for the advice but I'd rather do what I'm doing now.

I have spoken to some of the guys from Rentokil and read what you describe as the roll involved but I've felt a greater achievement in providing some sporting shooting to the syndicate of guns on our small shoot, being able to stand back and watch as the birds I've helped to rear from poults up to adults, what with the dangers and peril they are subjected to due to our weather and predation, seeing them flying hi and fast with plenty of meat to them. I just think it's more on a personal note rather than being a figure that comes and goes to eradicate some vermin from an office or factory. I'm not afraid of doing paperwork but I can gather more experience and knowledge doing the practical side of things instead of reading and writing about the theory behind it.

I wouldn't want to work for Rentokil then at the moment, sounds like trouble is looming....

If I were to go into that line of business I'd want to work for myself, never know whats around the corner??

Cheers for the advice anyhoo.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Probably, the only places that are more likely to pay for pest control are golf courses, offering your services for free the first few visits to show them what you can do then get them into a yearly 20 visits or so contract, once youve got their trust and they see how good you are news travels fast to other courses, just annoying when you get to a course and the golfers are still there lol, well, worked for me in my area! :good:

• 8 months later...

TRY SETTING UP IN PESTCONTROL ON YOUR OWN . LOADS OF 1 DAY COURSES ESSEX ENVIROMENTAL .TAKE UP FREE ADVERTISEING LIKE PRELOVE/VISTAS/GUMTREE/ THEN GO FOR YELLOW PAGES /THOMPSON BOOK IT DOES WORK GET CARDS PRINTED GIVE TO ALL CUSTOMERS THEY WORK CALL BACKS . 1 WASP SEASON WILL SET YOU UP IN EQUIPMENT ££££ .ROLL ON THE WASP'S. GOODLUCK GO FOR IT.

• 1 month later...
TRY SETTING UP IN PESTCONTROL ON YOUR OWN . LOADS OF 1 DAY COURSES ESSEX ENVIROMENTAL .TAKE UP FREE ADVERTISEING LIKE PRELOVE/VISTAS/GUMTREE/ THEN GO FOR YELLOW PAGES /THOMPSON BOOK IT DOES WORK GET CARDS PRINTED GIVE TO ALL CUSTOMERS THEY WORK CALL BACKS . 1 WASP SEASON WILL SET YOU UP IN EQUIPMENT ££££ .ROLL ON THE WASP'S. GOODLUCK GO FOR IT.

No, that's a half ***** way of going about it and will only bring you and all professional pest controllers into disrepute. The Essex, Killgerm and Acheta one-day courses are refresher courses for people in the industry already experienced and trained.

If your going to do it, do it properly. You owe it to your customers and the environment if not yourself.