new PB

tommy trucker

A tuely cracking shot Tommy,I don't think I'd have even seen the rabbit in the first place!!

Whats the calibre or that toy of yours Tommy. Ooops just looked properly and seen the answer!!!!

And how the hell did you keep steady enough, you must put in a fair few hours on the old range!

Squint

Edited by squintshot

you must put in a fair few hours on the old range!

Squint

no range mate, but plenty of practice..................

if you know your rifle, & your own capabillities (spelling!!)and have loaded the your own bullet to be as accurate as poss with your rifle. your onto a winning formula.

simply marvellous :/:lol:???:D

compressed load......hmmm you certainly have stoked that up a bit

nor me or my dad have ever got a compressed load to shoot, but we tend to avoid them anyway.

whats that setup doing, 3500+?

no mate its doingjust over 3000 fps as i've had my barrel chopped. i think i've lost about 300fps by having the barrel chopped.

its compressed because of the shape of the particles of powder. varget is a rather course powder. 27.5 gn in fed cases leaves me about .5mm from the top of the case.

yikes, im not sure i have a piece of land which could actually better that shot, and im pretty sure the cross hairs on any of my guns are far too big to hit anything at that range.... but come this summer i shal give it a go....me and my dad have allready organised several centerfire bunny bashing sessions for this summer/spring

Tommy,i shoot 243 which i zero in at 1 inch high at 100yds,suits my shooting.My pb is a fox cub at 165yds.My mate shoots a 223 what would you reccomend he zeroes it in at he was told to do it at 150yds+ seems a bit far to me

Tommy,i shoot 243 which i zero in at 1 inch high at 100yds,suits my shooting.My pb is a fox cub at 165yds.My mate shoots a 223 what would you reccomend he zeroes it in at he was told to do it at 150yds+ seems a bit far to me

it all depends on the type of shooting he dose?

does he reload , what speed is his bullet doing, how heavy is it. :D?:D??

try a zero @ 50yds (measured) then move to 100yds and fire a 3 shot group,take note of the bullet lift it will be about 1.3" high or so. then do the same @ 150yds and finaly @200yds, you will now know the path of your chosen bullet over 200yds

(hold over/ under)out till 200yds. use 4 different targets and mark them with the yardage 50,100,150,200. you could go as far away as you could safely do so

if you think your point of impact is to high/low at any given range adjust to suit then go back to 50 yds and try again. when your finaly happy, keep your 50 yd target for refference coz now you can check your zero at 50yds.

easy eh!!! :devil: :o

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tommy :) . Thats some distance :) . What do you think of the new .204?:www.204ruger.com

They seem to reach right out their :)

I have one and find their power and accuracy to be amazing. with little bullet drop and an amazing abbility to buck wind.

Copper fouling seems non exsistant :)