S200

Ratty_Blaster

As is the case with most pcps on the market ive found that an AAs200 will happily put pellet on pellet all day. But........

Its ugly

Very lightweight, takes some getting used to

I dont think its finished off very well

Its ugly

Would suit 10 year old girl

Looks like a kids gun

Its ugly

It doesnt feel all that 'solid'

Im sure someone will give you a better review soon

Did donkey Magic forget to tell you it's ugly???

In My opinion as someone who has used a S200 it's DIFFERENT. Ugly is a strong word IMHO. Yes it's light but all the easier to carry all day. Yes in .177 it will put pellets through the same hole easily at 25 to 30 yards. But combine this with a cheap price tag and you have a winner. Now if ONLY the bolt and trigger were made from metal HMMMMMM :) . There is a lot you can do with it!!!! Add a metal bolt and trigger. Replace the air chamber cover to a metal one. Get a custom stock etc etc etc. The only nasty thing i see on the rifle is the stamp that says (made in the chezk republic) Rub that damn thing off and re black it I WOULD. On the whole a nice all rounder and a perfect candidate for wheelchair bound FT shooters. (seriously) no wind up's with it's weight and accuracy it's a perfect combo.

Zeb

There is a lot you can do with it!!!! Add a metal bolt and trigger. Replace the air chamber cover to a metal one. Get a custom stock etc etc etc.

Why not just buy a better gun in the first place if you intend to lash that cash on it?

The S200 is a decent gun and very accurate BUT it's physically small and is dripping with plastic parts. If the size fits and you can live with the plastic then it's a good buy. If you're going to spend loads replacing parts then just buy the S400 or a Hornet to start with and you'll start off and finnish up with a better gun with a proper two stage trigger and not the pseudo two-stager of the S200..

The S200 has one weak point. The cocking pin is rolled steel and is prone to snapping. Repair is cheap though it does end your days shooting

The S200 has one weak point. The cocking pin is rolled steel and is prone to snapping. Repair is cheap though it does end your days shooting

i'll second that opinion, have seen it happen at the club :lol:

buit there is one compromise that nobody has mentioned early MK1 S200 all metal parts no plastic in sight and a fully floatoing barrel, though im not sure about the cocking pin but havn't seend a brocken MK1 yet.

i had a MK1 for about a year and the only reason i sold it as i didnt have any l;and to shoot at the time and i just plain got bored shooting drawing pins at the club every time i used it.

The only other slight fault i would have about it was the fact you only get about 40 shots in .177 and about 60 in .22 no big problem if yopur using a pump as it means a lot less pumping :)

but for the money they are asking for it you really cant find anything that comes close to it for value for moiney and if yopu want to throw another £50 on top you can get your self a multi shot rifle for under £300!!!!!

you really wont regret getting one if you decide to B)

hope this helps you out a little

ROB B)

PS air arms are a very good company to deal with should you have any problems with it :lol: