Half Price Cars???

pav

I keep hearing on the news and reading in the papers about all these half price cars dealers are trying to get rid of. Trouble is, when you are actually looking to buy one – where are they!?!

I am a cash buyer and travel 70 miles a day so I am looking to trade in my little fiesta for a credit crunch bargain diesel.

Every car garage I speak to can offer about a 10-15% discount and don’t seem to be able to budge any further. So where can you actually buy one of these ‘thousands of cars stored in airport carparks’ :good:

You can't :good:

If you think that a Dealer used to get say 1000 cars a year to make his 3% profit on, now they have stopped making cars

he will not get any more, so he has to make his annaul profit out of what he has left in stock so he is not going to give them away.

as n example I was quoted £216 per month on a nissan warrior on thursday last week, now the dealer is saying that he only has 5 to sell between now and June so he can no longer do that deal and it would now be £286 :lol:

The land owner i have permission to shoot for on some 1800+ acres, leases another section of his land that cannot be used for crops due to constant flooding and poor soil quality as a car storage depot for new cars not even on plates i have never stood to count them but there are over 200 of varying models. Quite amazing really.

I think its only certain manufactures and then certain models. If you wanted to buy a £20k + 4x4 the market has gone and I shoot with a guy who got over 10k off a 'king cab' 4 x 4. the mother in law wants a new fiesta and they will not move on the price as they will always sell lower end of their range.

there are lots of bargains around for the higher end models, but you look for a fiesta new or second hand and you are going to pay top dollar, y reg fiesta zetec 1.2 looking anthing from 1400 to 2200 depending on condition and mileage, now compare that with an x plate disco v8 with average mileage you will pay around the 3000 to 4000 mark for a car that probably cost 3 times the fiesta and 10 times the car for the money...

Because it’s easier for the motor manufacturers to go cap in hand to the government and ask for a few billion £££s to keep things going than to have a proper SALE.

We (as taxpayers and government money suppliers) are being taken for a ride (sic) by all and sundry, the banks and the motor companies. We shell out to keep them in business (for that read luxury) whilst they keep ripping us off.

Would someone please give me a reasonable reason why the motor companies couldn’t have a 50% off sale to raise the billions they say they need to stay in business instead of parking 100s/1000s of new cars on waste ground that will remain unsold?

I see General Motors asked the Swedish government to help them keep Saab afloat and have been told to **** off. Saab has now filed for bankruptcy! Why the hell don’t we let more of these money grabbing rip off companies go?

Whatever happened to that old adage ‘the customer is king’? Another load of ******** we’re fed by the powers that be.

Because it’s easier for the motor manufacturers to go cap in hand to the government and ask for a few billion £££s to keep things going than to have a proper SALE.

Why the hell don’t we let more of these money grabbing rip off companies go?

Totally agree, if you added up the cost of metal and plastic before processing I bet there is less than 1k in a 20k car. What has always amazed me is how much they rip people off for better peforming cars of the same model.

eg - BMW 316 - £21.5K against a BMW 335 - £35K.

Ok a few more switched and electronic bits, a bit of leather etc etc.

But the engine still needs casting, milling, processing, it still has 4 wheels and a lot of components in it the same. If you go to an M3 your talking about 55k+.

PS - I DO NOT OWN A BMW AND DO NOT WANT TO OWN ONE.

I think the dealers themselves are not helping matters . Who the hell wants to buy a new car when they offer nothing for your old one ..eg ; just spent 4 years paying off my L200 warrior (04 ) which cost 20k , so I thought I'd put her in and buy a new discovery . Found the model and colour I wanted and all set to buy .all went well till the sales man offered me £2.900 for mine . Told him I would rather watch it rot up the garden than take that for it . So I for one will not be buying new anymore ,and will carry on running my warrior in to the ground . Came away feeling I'd been mugged

:blush:

Here is an interesting thought:

I leased a top of the range Honda CRV for the missus on a 2 year 10,000 mile a year basis.

It comes to an end on 1st March and the car has only done 17,000 miles.

Over the 2 years I have actually paid £5k in payments and 1 service of £250, road tax was included.

The car new was close to £23K and I have just been offered it without haggling for £8K.

So it I got it I would have saved £10K off the new price.

Next time I am going to lease a car I actually want...

I am actually looking at the possibility of buying a 4x4 in the next few months, so I am very interested to see how things unfold. I saw Land Rover put an add on TV. The first one I can remember for years. A sign of them having difficulties? I hope so, I would not mind a nice Landy in a bargain price...