vale pigeon decoying

number 1, thats an interesting site.

The lander seems to be similar to the floater, but on a shorter arm and with  spread tail feathers (I,m not sure how they do that).

The prices look quite good as well.

All you need is somebody who has had experience with this Company, to post their opinion.

Still no "Glider". ;)

I've not purchased anything from Vale, but we did visit their stall at one of the shows. The lander is exactly as you say, & the person we stood & chatted to for 20 minutes or so, was very helpful. After that, I don't think I'd hesitate with buying anything off of them, if I wanted anything. I'm really not sure what a glider is either. Where did you see the advert for it ??

As you say cranfield the lander looks like a small floater. the way they make the tail feathers fan out is when the stick goes through the vent (thats the bumhole if no one knows) there is a small sliding block which has the extended wing attachments on it. The weight of the bird is on this block so pushing the birds bum up making the feathers fan out. Hope this explains it all and is not too technical or boring. ;)

Thanks for that Craigie,     :0  :0  That,ll teach me to check out the Forum straight after dinner.

These landers and floaters seem so simple to make, I wonder how many people actually make their own.

I think the price of a pigeon cradle is a joke, when you see what they actually consist of.

Anyone know where I can buy a cheap soldering iron ? ;)

When we looked at the floaters & landers on display, they looked very hard wearing & built to last...............I made a couple of floaters last year, & to be honest made a very bad job of them!!!........if your as good with your hands as I am......or as rich as Cranfield, you'd be best to buy the ready made ones......... ;)

lazza, you forgot to mention my other major advantage in life.........good looks. ;)

Seriously, I envy people who can (properly) make their own equipment.

I have heard of self made rotary devices utilising windscreen wiper motors as well as floaters etc.

I tried bending old wire coat hangers to make dead pigeon cradles, but that didn,t work very well.

I just sit mine on the ground with a "V" shaped stick holding their head up.

Seems to work OK.

I am resigned to buying what gear I need, but I am not happy to waste money.

Thats why comments and recommendations from this Forum are very important to me.

I like to buy what is tried and tested.

• 3 weeks later...