LAND ROVER'S ARE THE ONLY 4X4 WORTH HAVING

George1990

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

80id_fiat_panda_4x4_offroader_1.jpg

got one of these mean machines as my first car.(fiat panda) cost 200 quid.

there was a land rover club who came down the locall quarry ever sunday.

we would watch them it looked great fun. we went back after they were gone and

attacked the corse in the panda. we also had great fun and got round 95% of what they did.

who needs a landy :good::hmm::lol:

attacked the corse in the panda. we also had great fun and got round 95% of what they did.

who needs a landy :lol::lol::lol:

Of coarse you did when no one was there to see it :good::hmm::lol:

Im retiring my old fourtrack and picking up an 03 plate td5 on saturday...Hope my ownership is painless :good::hmm:

Well ive owned the td5 for just over 2 weeks now and can honestly say it a cracking vehicle . Its a good family motor being very comfortable to drive with a high upright driving position and has good performance for such a big vehicle (its been professionally chipped according to a mechanic mate who looked it over for me ) Its also copes very well with the wet fields and boggy farm tracks on my permissions.. I thought i would miss my old fourtrack but i dont....

I know there are mechanical issues with some of them but then plenty of other cars have them too...

who needs a landy :good::hmm::lol:

I did see one of these at a 4wd course once fitted with dumper truck wheels/tyres and it went anywhere!

Defenders are the vehicle to have if you dont mind a noisy, drafty ride. I have a 53 reg 90 CSW and its great. I work on quite a few landrovers at work and one of the main problems with defenders and discos is rust. Its the wost thing about them. But apart from that there a good old ruff and ready go anywhere vehicle.

Up until the late 1960`s many Africans living in the bush thought that the only "car" on the road was a Land Rover because that was the only vehicle they ever saw.

Land Rovers, which once accounted for over 90% of off roaders on the African continent, now account for less than 2%.

But what do I know, I drive a Honda CRV.

So there. Sure a lot of you will disagree... but you're wrong, so there. :blush:

rubbish they are cheap, plastic rubbish. best 4x4 is the landcruiser. ive driven em all from the mountains of papua new guinea through the african deserts to the frozen wastes of siberia and the landcruiser is the most reliable 4x4 by far!!! Nuff said

Landys are great! I've owned three, all 300tdi Defenders.

When I sold the second one I said I'd never buy another due to the reliability issues they had. I bought an L200. What a great truck, sweet off road, quiet on the road and fairly quick. Never had any trouble with it (apart from air bags going off after minor arguements with trees, something the Defender wouldn't do). So when I sold it I bought another L200. Not bad, until the engine management light came on and it slowed down to 40mph on the motorway. Needed a new Turbo, ouch! Sold it and figured I bought a bad nut. After the reasonably good run I had with the first one I thought I was just unlucky so I bought a third. Nice truck again, quick and quiet, never got it stuck once I'd fitted decent rubber. The 4wd light started flashing. Not a big problem I thought, I'll take it to the main dealer. A common fault I was told, very simple to fix. I picked it up from the garage and two days later it was flashing again. Took it back, fixed some other parts and off I went. Another week, flashing again. I was fuming! Took it back and got stressed with them, they stripped the whole system but couldn't find the fault. "Do you use it off road" I was asked? "Of course" was my reply. "I think you are getting branches stuck in the pipework when you do" said the mechanic. "You'll have to be more careful or this will keep happening".

What good is a 4x4 that gets beaten by branches? I don't mean humping over trees, just little bits of brash on the floor. They're bloody hopeless if they can't do that! You can't drive through a wood picking up every stick that's in the way!

So, I have another Defender. Apart from the usual leaks (rain gets in, oil gets out) it's fine. I've driven over endless junk in it and nothing plastic has fallen off. I even used it to push a gate post and a fence over because I was asked to dig it out. No sign of the airbag (it doesn't have one).

If I have to drive miles I take the car. If I need to do some hard work the Landy comes out. It's noisy and slow but works. Before I bought it the last owner reversed a big farm trailer into it. Crushed both wings and some of the bonnet. It still drives, and when I get around to it I will unbolt them and stick some new ones on. If I did that to my L200 it would be a write off. Plastic jap **** :blush:

Landrover ownership is a persistant Illness - you may shake it off breifly - but you will have it for the rest of your life!

Landrovers are slow, thirsty , break down , uncomfrtable........Lar lar lar lar I cant hear you!

no one evr said it was the sensable choice - but who wants to be the sensable one anyway?

oh by the way - don't kid your self that you could use an old landrover for your every day car - you'll love it for a week then the hate will grow - they are like old horses - keep them in a field and use them off road occasionally !

oh by the way - don't kid your self that you could use an old landrover for your every day car - you'll love it for a week then the hate will grow - they are like old horses - keep them in a field and use them off road occasionally !

and then shoot them when you've had enough :good:

i loved my landy.....................until today, i know it needed some work, but for it to get through its MOT and a few other bits of tidying up its gonna cost me £ 650-00 !!!!!!!!

so in answer land rovers are the only 4x4 worth having.....................if you are a lottery winner !!!