rotary decoying

baines

baines, welcome. ;)

There have been a number of posts on this subject in the past, it may well be worth having a look through the old posts.

There are a couple of members who ,either have or were going to, make their own rotary device.

Hopefully, they will post with some ideas.

I just saved up and bought one, I couldn,t build a sand castle, let alone a thing like that.  :)

Hello Baines  :D .i made one a while back,it cost me all in all about 15 quid including a tin of hammerite to paint it with ;) Materials i used as follows: legs "borrowed"county council fence stakes (about 3/8 thick),

Round base plates x 2 cut from the back of an old industrial electricial panal (about 3/16 thick and 4"round),

tubes to put the arms in 1/2"steam pipe cut at an appropriate angle and each threaded to take a 0ba bolt,

Wiper motor borrowed from a dumped nissan sunny,2 speed!!,

first part of arms, lengths of steel rod from my old garage door,

The main arms are 1 meter lengths of steel brought from B&Q (about a quid each) these are threaded,one end screws into a piece of small pipe(from the same rack in B&Q)wielded on to the bottom of the first arm section,the other end is threaded to take a couple of nuts to hold the pigeon cradle(made from 2.5mm wielding rods,wings held out with croc clips glued to the end of a couple of these rods).

I only had some pics in a few mags to go from and i'm sure other people have come up with different ways around things,(i'm also tight and only wanted to use what i had lying around and to buy as little as poss :(  :D )

Working on the principle a picture speaks a thousand words i'll post some pics in the pictures section so everybody can have a good laugh and extract the urine  :)