*!"*$!!!! Pigeons !!!

old rooster

Had a day out today looking for some woodies, found a few big bunches and got permission to shoot an OSR field that was plastered with them. WB and myself set up a couple of hides and put out some deeks, big swarm of pigeons, couple of shots and all gone at once. This despite being a windy day.

Prior to that had looked over another of my shoots and WB spotted a goodly number of pigeons hitting a field of drilling on the next farm, as we watched a couple of guys in a white Land Rover drove slowly by. We went in search of the farmer only to see the Landy in the farm gateway and one of the guys coming back having been chatting with the farmer. I casualy asked if they were out after pigeons and got a somewhat frosty reply confirming that they were and had just got permission to shoot the drilling (which it turns out from talking to the agent at my other shoot nearby is a field of beans !!!).

Spent most of the day watching massive flocks of birds hooning about and generally sticking in the woods.

Another blank !!!!.

Looking forward to some decent shooting on drilling, anyone who has done well on OSR this "winter" has been exceptionally fortunate.

unlucky Old Rooster

I was out searching for the pigeons the other week, found them all flighting straight accross a field of rape and into some game cover. The local game keeper obviously refused me permision :/

Set up on another field and shot 8 all day, i too watched them landing on a field which had been freshly drilled, hoping that they would come back but they didn't :lol:

OOEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Thats odd i was out today with this really spot on bloke from down your way (not in a white landy tho) in fact in a SPOT ON Fourtrack (Which happens to be for sale)

GREAT DAY OUT!!!! Learnt Some brill field craft

Cheerz LOTS O R

WB

They are going to have it one of these days, I'm inclined to wander back to that field of drilling and see if there is still activity tomorrow. Do a bit of sweet talking to the farmer and see if it's a goer :/

OOEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Thats odd i was out today with this really spot on bloke from down your way (not in a white landy tho) in fact in a SPOT ON Fourtrack (Which happens to be for sale)

GREAT DAY OUT!!!!  Learnt Some brill field craft 

Cheerz LOTS  O R

WB

They are going to have it one of these days, I'm inclined to wander back to that field of drilling and see if there is still activity tomorrow. Do a bit of sweet talking to the farmer and see if it's a goer :/

YEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Get in there dude!!!

:lol:

You blarney stone kisser you LTFOL