Black Lab keeps drinking a lot of water

agusta

My 7 year old black lab keeps drinking water, she will drink half a bowl of water then 30 mins or so later she will be bursting for a pee, this will continue throughout the day. Currently letting her out every 30-60 mins, I've taken her to the vet and they couldn't find anything wrong just gave her boosters and that was it.

This started a week ago for a few days then stopped, now today its started again.

Its a bit worrying I may take her back to the vets on Monday, just wondering if anyone might have an idea of what it could be?

My 7 year old black lab keeps drinking water, she will drink half a bowl of water then 30 mins or so later she will be bursting for a pee, this will continue throughout the day. Currently letting her out every 30-60 mins, I've taken her to the vet and they couldn't find anything wrong just gave her boosters and that was it.

This started a week ago for a few days then stopped, now today its started again.

Its a bit worrying I may take her back to the vets on Monday, just wondering if anyone might have an idea of what it could be?

Thirsty? :good::angry:

doesn't diabetes affect the amount you drink and pee?

I know very little about dogs, or their illnesses. However, I am diabetic, and am aware that dogs can become diabetic.

As a precaution whilst you wait to see the vet, ensure that your dogs food contains no sugar, dont feed any chocolate or sweets at all. If your dog is over weight, start a diet immediatley.

webber