What's your favorite thing to do

LeeinVA

One of our favorite things to do when it becomes Africa hot here in Virginia is to go Frog gigging.. Frog gigging is nothing more than spearing huge frogs and is done in the dark of the night.. The Amphibian in question is the Bull Frog.. I tell you boys there is nothing better than frog legs.. It is a cross between Chicken and fish.. The little wifey and i have our own spears and its a true joy seeing her spear a large pad hopper.. All you need is a flash light and some time.. On a typical night we may get up to 20 of those tasty aquatic dwellers.. If you are afraid of snakes do not even bother to try this.. As you will s---- your nickers at least 10 times a night..

Edited by LeeinVA

A BBQ, a G&T to start, then lashings of Carling, punctuated with the odd lardy - obviously with excellent company :angry:

Or

In a real ale festival, with a BBQ, a lardy or two and convivial company :good:

Or

In Germany, having blitzed my record on the Nurburgring, o/s the pub, a cold Leiffe with a Jagermeister chaser, (and a lardy or two) - of course, with like minded company :yes:

Or

Going to bed after 7 days of getting up very early. without a lardy, a Carling, a Jagermeister - but with - the wife :good:

P.

definitely a bbq at the house with a few friends, plenty of drink and a few games of baseball - not the sissy amercian version, our version is played with a pick axe handle and as many oranges as we can get - the idea being to hit the oranges at everyone else, every person you hit you get a point, but youre out if you hit the orange and it smashes, plus you get covered in juice! :good:

the other thing i do is pour a big glass of red, take my shoes of, and walk around on the grass picking out weeds.

You know what is scary about this comment? I love yard work and i too stagger about the yard plucking weeds while holding a three knuckler :good:

It would be a toss up Lee between Cat Fishing on the river bank, Perch fishing on the lake shore, or frogging in the creeks :oops:

The good part is we dont have those nasty snakes you do :good:

God I hate snakes :oops:

NTTF

Tell ya what dude.. Cat fishing is the next best thing to do on a sultry spring night.. The James, The Hardware and Rivana Rivers are the place we hit to catch the big Cat Daddy's.. I use a Circle hook and wire leader with 30 pound line.. Our average blue is about 20, the Flat heads are the ******* that get to 120+, and the best eating are Channel Cats :oops: i will post pictures..

Edited by LeeinVA

i love nothing more than gardening all day and the smell of freshly cut grass i then go and take a shower at late afternoon then walk out my back gate and step right out onto a feild full of ewes and lambs which is my rabbitting permission where the farmer whos a good mate of mine as also let me build a small patio just behind my wire fence in the feild and i sit there with my lurcher at my heels sippin rum and ice cold beer watching the sun go down on the beautiful staffordshire landscape and thats were ile be all night with a lantern for when it gets dark and a cardie for when it gets a bit nippy fabulous.

paddy

i have woken up many a morning on the hammock, to find myself covered in dew :good: sometimes the wife throws a blanket over me. if not, i freeze. hahaha

the other one is very early on a summers morning, when the garden is nice and tidy. sit out at about 6am, having breakfast ALONE :oops::oops:

i have woken up many a morning on the hammock, to find myself covered in dew :good: sometimes the wife throws a blanket over me. if not, i freeze. hahaha

the other one is very early on a summers morning, when the garden is nice and tidy. sit out at about 6am, having breakfast ALONE :oops::oops:

I assume the chimps are still in bed :oops: