.17HMR Whats your longest Kill ?

Matt Gould

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

regularly do 150 yrd shots with mine, just done 2 this morning, one at 112 yrds one at 119 yrds, when you get yours you need to go out and punch LOADS of paper and get used to it, scope it in at 100 yrds,

as long as you check backstops yo,ll be o-k

shaun

regularly do 150 yrd shots with mine, just done 2 this morning, one at 112 yrds one at 119 yrds, when you get yours you need to go out and punch LOADS of paper and get used to it, scope it in at 100 yrds,

as long as you check backstops yo,ll be o-k

shaun

my longest kill was 306 yards no bull

what a load of poppy cock.

funny though.

was the post meant for some serious answers.

If your putting in for a FAC then i would ask you FEO for advice on the best rimfire calibre to shoot rabbits with at extreme ranges, i am sure he will put you rite. :lol:

Or you can stick to about 150 yards maximum. Get some holes in paper, at ranges from 75 - 150 yards and i dont mean just one whole, get some serious range work in at all ranges before you attempt shots on live quarry.

Sniperfox36, you are either retarded or a deluded liar. There is nothing heroic or ethical about taking a 306-yard shot on live quarry with a .17 HMR.

My longest kill was 139 yards. Everything over that, in my humble view, is in .20/.22 CF territory.

I cant see why sniperfox36 couldnt be right-the round travels that far and presumably carrys enough power to kill ,say a rabbit, at such extreme distances.He never said that it was a deliberate calculated shot-maybe he was popping a round into a flock of pigeons to scare them off.I once did a similar thing with a crow-bloody thing had been sitting on a fence the other side of the field (at least 200 yards away) for ages so as there was nothing but open fields behind him i fired about 2 foot above him to see if i could scare him off-i was gobsmacked when he dropped following a dull thud-not a deliberate shot but still a 200 yard plus kill? :lol:

I cant see why sniperfox36 couldnt be right-the round travels that far and presumably carrys enough power to kill ,say a rabbit, at such extreme distances.He never said that it was a deliberate calculated shot-maybe he was popping a round into a flock of pigeons to scare them off.I once did a similar thing with a crow-bloody thing had been sitting on a fence the other side of the field (at least 200 yards away) for ages so as there was nothing but open fields behind him i fired about 2 foot above him to see if i could scare him off-i was gobsmacked when he dropped following a dull thud-not a deliberate shot but still a 200 yard plus kill? :lol:

You worry me!

webber

Oh

Its me you want a shoot out with.

Sorry, I only shoot paper for zeroing purposes, and don't shoot ranges. Also its not me that's making silly claims, so its up to you to prove your claim.

I think that some PW members meet up at Bisley, which is in your part of the country. Maybe you could join them and repeat your feat, always assuming that Bisley deem it safe to do so. What grouping do you gat at 300 yards?

webber

you said it was difficult too call me a marksman i never claimed too be one it was what you could call a one off lucky shot may be but the person who tought me how too shoot is a falklands vet he was in the marines and he tought me well with my .243 i have shot fox up too 576 yards thats my best distance and at 300 yards with it i can get a 2 in group

Mate Im not saying your a liar, far from it, but doing a lot of TA ARMY duty when i was a lot younger, and gaining my sharpshooting rifle badges, as they called them yrs ago, probly different now. i WOULD FIND IT EXTREMLY HARD to make that type of shot on the calibre of shot you used.

You are probly an A1 shot and good luck to you.

cheers dave.