Stupid boy

dodeer

Just had a phone call that a chap who does some work where I do some work have has just been pulled over and found to have no insurance on his car!

He is a shotgun and firearm holder.

What are his likely punishments?

Edited by sam f

Just had a phone call that a chap who does some work where I have has just been pulled over and found to have no insurance on his car!

He is a shotgun and firearm holder.

What are his likely punishments?

he could lose the lot; ive heard of it happening before that if the police dont think you are responsible enough to insure your car youre definitely not responsible enough to have firearms.

HOWEVER if theres a valid reason for no insurance he might get away with it :lol:

Edited by babbyc1000

I can sympathise with the poor chap though, its jolly easy to forget to renew. Mine was up at the end of Feb, first thing I knew about it was getting a TXT message to my mobile from my Insurer (Swiftcover.com). Thankfully they renewed it automatically for me.

he should be ok as it is still deemed to be a motoring offence rather than gross stupidity like drink driving when they usually pick up your guns. Thats as much being irresponsible and also the alcohol factor, they have a bit of an issue with alcohol and guns believing if you'll drive when drunk that you might also do rash actions with your guns when drunk.

Nothing will come of it if it's an honest mistake and all that.

It's motoring related and he'll pick up 6 points and a fine. If he discloses it to the FAO in advance before the FAO finding out through an updated check on him upon SGC / FAC renewal or variation then they will think it goes to his honesty (or lack of).

well yes mungler, not quite the same thing...but could be construed as "forgot to renew insurance....... forgot to lock my sg away in cabinet..... forgot there was one in the chamber...forgot there was a public foot path over there...etc etc etc "

not picking, just saying... i myself forgot to renew the mot on the car once...drove round for around 6 months with out one, which would have invalidated my insurance etc etc ...moving house at the time of renewal was the reason for over looking it...

i know it happens and is not the same as comitting a crime or offence such as a dui...but you can imagine reading, with hindsight, about a fire arm incident in the paper... person shot etc etc..gun owner ,no car insuance/mot lurks outside the realms of the law etc etc..sound a bit dubious...

not saying this is the case here, he's merely forgot to renew his insurance, it happens.... but then there are the type of people who alway "forgot" to renew or pay road tax/tv licences etc etc etc... not the type who should own a gun i reckon...

must be hard for the law to sort out the fine line between the forgetful and the blatantly criminal....

Edited by myzeneye