More advice please

Spaniel

Ok guys really need some more advise please

Been looking at these possibilities

Air Arms S410 Carbine 10 Shot with Silencer £250

Never had one of these pre charged ones so what do i need to do to get it charged up

Falcon FN19 with moderator £200 i think this is a single shot

Tips and advice please

and yep i know i have just raised my budget slightly :good:

Cheers

Only be able to fill it if you want to increase your budget further!

Without question you need the correct adapter! But then you have 3 options:

1) Diving bottle. Expensive, but TOO much easier to charge the gun! Worth it if you will use the gun LOADS.

2) a manually operated pump. Cheap but a huge pain in the **** in my humble opinion. A better option if you want to use the gun infrequently

3) Find a mate with a diving bottle and do it free! :hmm::good:

So - if you got the cash to front, will use the gun loads, then go for it and buy a bottle. If you lack the cash, or won't use the gun much, go for the pump but SERIOUSLY think about whether you can be bothered pumping for england.

If you are SLIGHTLY unsure, i'd say add the price of the pump onto your existing budget and get an awesome springer with a great scope. No muss, no fuss and you only need one shot if it is the right one!

I had an AA s200 adapted for multishot. Hated it - especially the pumping. Just ****** me off to the extent it was no longer enjoyable. Now have an awesome, simple Weihrauch break barrel springer. I'd only consider getting a PCP if i had the cash for a diving bottle. Since I don't - rabbits feel the wrath of the spring! :good:

or option 4) get it filled at you local gun shop

i don't shoot my PCP a massive amount (maybe 1 hunt a week, say i shoot 20 shots a session, that's 3-4 sessions before it needs a fill), but always get it refilled when i'm passing my local RFD, at £1 a refill it's a very cheap option.

oh and the S410 is a great rifle, you won't hear a complaint about them from many people

Edited by nickbeardo

That is what i was thinking as i doubt if i would use it that often, think there is a gun shop in Swindon or Avon Arms down at Pill.

I think 1 charge may last me at least 4 outings easily...if not more to be honest, i expect i will use more shots setting the sights up....but i would rather buy something good which would cater fo all my needs rather then something cheaper which i may regret at a later stage

Not easy i know

or option 4) get it filled at you local gun shop

i don't shoot my PCP a massive amount (maybe 1 hunt a week, say i shoot 20 shots a session, that's 3-4 sessions before it needs a fill), but always get it refilled when i'm passing my local RFD, at �1 a refill it's a very cheap option.

oh and the S410 is a great rifle, you won't hear a complaint about them from many people

True True - another viable option. I just don't like the dependancy - If i wanna shoot i don't want to have to drive to the RFD. Would rather just break a barrel! :yes:

But hey - different strokes for different folks

I dont really believe there is a right and wrong on choosing air rifles - only a right and wrong choice for a particular person and their respective needs

Boomstick

bullet boy - looks like your sitting on 1x each of the most popular pcp hunters (except the hw100), but which is your fav package and why ? maybe wrong to compare fac rapid, but for quality, reliability and consistency they all must have a pecking order ? that's a few £ to find out the long way.

cg

bullet boy - looks like your sitting on 1x each of the most popular pcp hunters (except the hw100), but which is your fav package and why ? maybe wrong to compare fac rapid, but for quality, reliability and consistency they all must have a pecking order ? that's a few £ to find out the long way.

cg

Well i think the Theoben Rapid is the best airgun ever!It was voted the best airgun of the millenium.Is that the answer you was looking for?

I know what you are saying but until i can afford a bottle etc i think i will have to go along with this...

think i will see how it goes before investing in these sort of things to be honest as it will depend on how much useage the gun gets..

Cheers

I know what you are saying but until i can afford a bottle etc i think i will have to go along with this...

think i will see how it goes before investing in these sort of things to be honest as it will depend on how much useage the gun gets..

Cheers

I know where your coming from there mate.Do you have a pump for your rifle?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All

Hope this isnt too late but just seen th thread.

I have been thro this prob myself a few months back when looking for my 1st pre charge.

After going to several shops, forums for hours and several game fairs I decided on a falcon multishot and am very very happy with it.

A small group of us shoot occasionally and amongst us are the following :-

My Falcon PF 25 MW

AA 410

Theoben 7 (?)

BSA Super 10

We have all swapped guns for a few hours each time and MY opinions on each are :-

My Falcon

Great all rounder

PROS = Light, well balanced, reasonable charge holding, simple to charge, great customer service (despite my gun being 2nd hand), easy to work on

CONS = Loading of multishot is fiddly unless you have a new alley mag as opposed to plastic, limited spares from flacon (although 3rd party are available for replacement and custom bits and good prices). Cocking of gun not a smooth as others (not just my gun as I have felt this on other falcons).

AA410

Nice looking gun

PROS = Better loading system for multishots, better magazine, spares readily available on 'tinternet

CONS = Felt too short for me, trigger felt way too light and was rough in operation (my opinions on THE gun I borrowed only).

Theoben

Well made bit of kit

PROS = Better charge capacity than mine, better cocking feel, Quick to load

CONS = Bloody heavy and reloading of part used mag (IE to top up to full load capacity) was painful as you have to fully unload 1st

Super 10

Again sturdy and well made

PROS = Very simple to load and cocking action was nice, felt well balanced, better charge capacity

CONS = Very front heavy and too short for me

Like I say these are my personal opinions and are not meant to open a huge debate on my feelings of each gun.

At the end of the day the best advice I can give is try them all, dont just hold them fire them if poss. I think Im quite picky about the feel of the gun and how it sits in the shoulder so alot of my points are based upon this as this is my personal big issue.

As for charging its very quick and simple on all of them. I dont have a dive bottle so I either go to my local gun dealers who do it for £3 or blag one of my mates bottles for free. As there are 4 / 5 of us one lad got a bottle with his set up so the rest of us use our own filler lines and probes and take turns to pay for the re-charge. I use my 12g more than the pcp so dont charge it a lot. Initially I was obsessed with charge capacity of guns yet now realise its not needed that often and that driving to my mates for a re-charge isnt the end of the world.

I looked at hand pumps for a while but the general opinion is that its too much hassle (unless fro an emergency) and that hand pumps MAY introduce an element of moisture. Unless you are gunna shoot a lot I wouldnt get to hung up on the charging issue and spend the cash you save on other bits (silcencer, extra mags, pellets, beer etc etc)

Hope this helps

Dirtboy

Edited by Dirtboy

Sorry forgot to add

I see you are from Brizzol so not too far from west oxfordshire so if you wanna pop over our way Im sure I could get the lads to my place with the guns and you can have a go with each to help make your mind up.

Dirtboy

Very good write up and a very nice gesture there Dirtboy...thank you

In the end i have got a S410 Combine, multi shot, lovely riffle just need to set the scope up better now as i never had time last weekend as my daughter was getting bored....

Cheers

Ian