hunt's seam to be ignoring ledgislation??????

pheasent plucker

Hi all, heres one to get you all going, and i guess will have an opinion on.

The hunt came through our shoot the other week and the man that back fills the earths in came round to do his job the hunt came through flushing foxes and chasing them with intent only calling the dogs off when the fox went into a local village. some one made a segestion "without predjedist" it seams almost is if that earth man just went and relased that fox up in that wood. for one if they were not chasing foxes, shorly the earth man had no need to visit any wood, it wasn't as if he was setting a trail even for the hunt to follow. as when a friend goes out lamping foxes there are always alot shot just prier to a visit from the hunt, as normaly 4 or 5 a month are shot but just before the hunt arrive they seem to be 3 or 4 a night shot, is this just coinsidence or are the hunt paying no attention to the way they are bound by law to act. my biggest consern is they are asking for attention to be focused on our sport once again, which to be quite frank worries me.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my gripe is that the hunt are still carrying on as they where before, and it won't be long before this is going to be in the spot light again with there cavalier attitued, and they will undoutedly start focusing there attention on us as they did before, its quiet at the moment, but with the hunt doing these things in front of everyone to see there will be some footage on the news and asking questions again. for me i couldn't care less if the hunts were banded from running "period" as the rifle tend to do a much better job.

hunts releasing foxes? wouldnt surprise me.

i dont like hunting with hounds at all, id approve of the ban 100% except i dont like any restrictions being imposed on hunting - itll be us in the firing line next. i had a run in with a hunt on a couple of occasions; they came onto our land illegally and the hounds had to be dragged away from our sheep (they were pregnant ewes, lost a few lambs due to it), then the hunt master tried to get his horse to kick me after i pointed out they were hunting illegally!

Edited by babbyc1000

as with pigeon shooting you can't be seen to be shooting them for sport, you are suposed to try and chase them of the field first, before getting you decoys and hide out, "if we were to do it to the letter of the law"lol. me as every other pigeon shooter on here love our "virmin controlling" can't call it sport any more??lol

Would hate for them to ban our hobby!

they'll be hunting on the edge of the law its well recognised but legal. Methods used can be people shooting them or "trying" to get in front of the hounds or having a bird of prey present. Visually its very similar to the old form of hunting but there will be something present to make sure they comply with the law.

Sounds like an anti post to me !

The law on hunting is seriously flawed and hopefully will be repealed.Foxes are still being killed but within the law and that is the crux of it.It was spouted as an animal rights issue when in fact it was nothing more than a percieved class issue.

Then as now some people have the attitude of "i am alright jack" and they think as long as they are attacking hunting with hounds they are leaving us alone.You can be assured that shooting would be next.

thats the kind of attitude id expect from a hunting man, which is not said as a critisisum, as i'd say the same about my past times, but in a very P.R. world in which we live in we have to be so carefull to protect our sport which is under scrutinity from the powers that be, and i just worry that they will turn round and say enough is enough and ban the lot if we can't self regulate

So long as they stay away from my permission land i don`t care what they do, my farmer doesn`t care about foxes on his land and i don`t shoot foxes as there are no poultry farms or anything like that for miles so in fact they do me a favour clearing up after me taking the corvids and bits of rabbit away i leave in the hedges for them. The last time a pack of hounds came onto my land without permission several of them killed my ferret who had just popped out of a rabbit hole, i killed one of his dogs trying to defend my ferret but it was too late. My farmer defended me and the guy handling the dogs didn`t take any action due to the fact he knew his dogs were not handled properly that day following a scent trail and even apologised and gave me compensation for what had happened, police were informed and said there was no case to answer due to the fact i was doing it to defend my ferret and not done out of malice.

BB peoples opinions of hunts are varied some down to local hunts actions. Its fine saying support them whatever but there are occasions when they don't help themselves. My local one alienated all sorts of people because they couldn't seen to stop their foxhounds hunting deer. Huntsmans attitude to all was up yours so to speak didn't go down well with the public who had seen muntjack killed in their gardens etc. Even my local keeper barred them from the estate and he was fanatically pro hunting.

Basically not all people who don't necessarily like them are antis just ones they have alienated. I like to see a well run pack out but all too often in our area I would question whether its suited to hunting as there are too many people houses and roads.

Edited by al4x

A good reason to vote Tory next time round: free vote to repeal the ban.

you can't help but think its a waste of parlimentary time and money with the side issue as mentioned that hunting is still going on. If you repeal the ban the antis will start pushing for it again then get new labia back in and it gets banned again they've only got to close the loopholes and it'll stop. While its all gone quiet and the antis attention is elsewhere its probably best left as is

Edited by al4x

Too many loopholes to close.It would have to be re-writen.

I can see why people dont like the hunt,because some of the people that do it are ar5es,but then again you will get that in every sport or work place or whatever.It may be different down south but some of the hunts up here are part and parcel of the countryside and a chance for farmers to actually meet other humans !

Our farmer has fallen out with the hunt big time because of some of the issues mentioned but as for hounds killing sheep and ferrets etc,i can honestly say after working and following a hunt almost 1000 times i have never seen anything like that happen.We did have a hound "once" chase a deer and it was sent off to another hunt where there was hardly any deer.

I get peeved that other country sportsmen turn on other field sports and a lot of it based on the same prejudice that will one day threaten what they do when things like hunting,coursing etc are gone.

I get peeved that other country sportsmen turn on other field sports and a lot of it based on the same prejudice that will one day threaten what they do when things like hunting,coursing etc are gone.

so youre saying im wrong to not like fox hunting because im a hunter, even though, as i said im my previous post, due to a fox hunt - WHO WERE TRESPASSING - we had sheep that threw their lambs after fox hounds chased them, and the hunt master tried to trample me with a horse? the only thing that stopped me shooting the hounds chasing the sheep was the huntmaster and his horse being in my way!

apart from all that i think its barbaric, no other term for it, and i dont care if i sound like an anti by saying that. going out for a couple of hours some night with a rifle and a lamp is far more productive than playing charge of the light brigade on horses all day, so you cant even use the old pest control argument. as for it being a social event? go to a pub! if i posted a video of my rottweiler ripping a fox to shreds id get called a sick ****** and probably get banned. :hmm:

Edited by babbyc1000

apart from all that i think its barbaric, no other term for it, and i dont care if i sound like an anti by saying that. going out for a couple of hours some night with a rifle and a lamp is far more productive than playing charge of the light brigade on horses all day, so you cant even use the old pest control argument. as for it being a social event? go to a pub! if i posted a video of my rottweiler ripping a fox to shreds id get called a sick ****** and probably get banned. :hmm:

Fortunately, your views are irrelevant.

Some may find the idea of a man travelling abroad to pointlessly slaughter wild boar either barbaric or simply in poor taste. Was your trip social..? Was it pest control..?

Not my view point, but don't be so quick to point the finger elsewhere. It would be wise to remember that to the anti's, we're all murdering scum, whether it be rifle, shotgun or hound.