A Bit Harsh?

danmar94

Hi everyone :good:

I'd like to get some opinions on what happened to me over the past few weeks.

I recently bought a new Bettinsoli Mk3 Extra from a well known Somerset gun retailer. From the off the gun did not work correctly. Every now and again the bottom barrel would not fire and it was double discharging on me.

I took the gun back to the shop where they said they would have to send it back for repairs. The shop said that it would be 10 to 14 days tops. After two weeks had passed I gave the shop a phone call but they said that they would have to chase it up and phone me back. But I had no call back. So I phoned again a couple of days later and still had no joy. On the third call the owner's response was 'you will know when we know'.

I was starting to get impatient now as it was 19 days with still no info on my gun that I'd spent £700 on so I decided to send a letter to the gunshop. In this letter I said how disappointed I was with their product and service. I also said that if my gun was not returned very promptly I would be looking for a refund.

The day after my gun was ready to collect. On arriving at the shop I was asked for my certificate which I handed over and it was taken into the back office. 5 mins later the owner of the shop came out with my old gun that I P/X'd for the Bettinsoli as well as a cheque for the extra that I had paid. He gave me the gun, my certificate, the letter I wrote and told me to **** off and not to ever come back to his shop. (if you want to know the expletive your more than welcome to PM Me ;) )

Needless to say I left promptly.

I noticed I still had the chokes in my car so took them back as they belonged with the Bettinsoli only to receive another barage of abuse.

Was I really that out of order for creating a stink about not having my gun? If you were to buy a £700 tv from Comet and it was to break surely you would be getting irate if they had not sorted it out after nigh on 20 days?

Cheers

Dan

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as you were polite, then you acted precisely how I would have acted. From your description, the gun dealer acted highly unprofessionally and should think twice about alienating customers in such an aggressive and careless manner

I suggest you take this ****'s advice and never return to his obviously substandard customer care and amateur business operation

I also suggest that you post the name of this operation, so that we of PW can learn vicariously through your bad experience and give this chump a wide berth

Cheers,

Boomstick

I't was a bit of a disappointment as it's the only place I'm banned from. Ever!!

Best part is though I would have been quite content if they had bothered to chase it up with the repair agent and let me know that it was taking a bit longer than expected but will be back by a set date. Not the "you'll know when we know!"

It's really poor to just ignore a customer like that :good:

I't was a bit of a disappointment as it's the only place I'm banned from. Ever!!

Best part is though I would have been quite content if they had bothered to chase it up with the repair agent and let me know that it was taking a bit longer than expected but will be back by a set date. Not the "you'll know when we know!"

It's really poor to just ignore a customer like that ;)

agreed :good: mate, it's obvious that you haven't acted like a **** here - don't beat yourself up

I have bought a number of shotguns and a rifle from Avalon, but i do find them a bunch of *****ers. The only reason i have used them is they were cheap. However i know a number of people in area don't think the service is very good. :good:

Had a similar incident with my xbox. I took it to a repair shop and asked them how long they would take, i was told about 3 days. After 3 days i checked back, it wasn't fixed and i was told to check in another 3 days. The cycle kept on repeating for a while, i wouldn' have minded, but every time i came in the owner got more and more annoyed at me, even though i was just doing precisely what i was told.

After a long while i received my xbox, being told nothing could be done for it, and that i would have to tap the top to open the disk tray :good: with a smarmy attitude. Then it was a £15 default charge.

I bought my auto from there, no problems with the gun, but as you say the owner is not the easiest guy in the world to get on with, I spent £1000 there & his attitude was s--t, perhaps a grand wasn't a big deal to him, but it was to me, after doing the deal he didn't even say thankyou or goodbye, ;) he just turned his back on me & walked away. :good: