am out lamping tonight

radio1ham

well sitting here looking oot me kitchin winda an looks like gana be a nice day still a bit of a nip in the air and frost on the groond lovely sunshine

so i know alot you say i cant hit a barn door wi a shovel well not to worrie al hit foxes wi it as there nee barn doors were as gans but al have me gun with me

just incase a sees a fox or 2

but was wondering if many others still de lampin the traditional way walking around wi the lamp ,and battery in a bag

or do most of you de ye lampin from 4x4 etc

but was wondering if many others still de lampin the traditional way walking around wi the lamp ,and battery in a bag

or do most of you de ye lampin from 4x4 etc

I'm often seen walking the fields with Garyb with bag and lamp. To be honest, the only reason why that's the case is because I don't drive and he's got a silly boy racer car that wont go anywhere near a speck of mud :shifty:

I will be out tonight sitting on some straw bales with Rifle and batt pack putting the lamp round now and then looking for Trespassers, This permission is quite small and driving round is not an option due to too much disturbance.

Most of mine is done on foot too.... especially this time of year, the ground is so low lying and boggy it's tractor only territory, and being predominantly livestock farming I would spend most of the time getting in and out to open/close gates. It's easier just to walk it!

99% of the time i go by 4x4 and it takes me 4 hours to drive round my permission,so you can imagine how long that would take walking :shifty:

I could walk if i was after rabbits but there is hardly any rabbits on my permission so i only take the odd one now and again.Charlie is my target when lamping so it pays off to cover a lot of ground.

Out tonight on foot but don't think you would call using the nv traditional :good:

Cheeky ***...effective though :good:

Using the NV i normally set up in ambush(sometimes in the 4x4,and sometimes in a hedge)but do love to get out and walk about with the lamp.

It,s just that sometimes,needs must,and the NV is more effective if you are after a particular fox :good: